epilouge.

—— 17 years later

—— 17 years later.

17 years passed on quickly, by then i'd have wrinkles on my face but I was a vampire. I looked the same as I did when I was 17, but now I'm 34. Nothing has changed about me, not my personality not even my looks.

but maybe my life has changed a tad bit. I've been married to Jungwon for so long, our kids are 16 and 14. They ended up being born vampire, we made their life easy and we made sure that they wouldn't feel the same guilt we all had being something that wasn't ordinary to humans.

sungmi & jaesung, Jaesung was the older one and sungmi was his little sister. While raising these two I knew one of them would just have to turn into a duplicate of jungwon, when jungwon stares at his son it's like a person mirroring his actions.

sungmi on the other hand was gentle and calm like me but easily gets bothered. She picked up the habit of reading while jaesung couldn't even look at a book for a split second.

——

i held jisung & Areum's newborn in my hand, it was as if I was touching silk. Her hands were pillowy soft, 17 years later and they finally settled down.

and it doesn't seem like a coincidence but their daughter was born on the day of the lunar eclipse.

"want to watch the eclipse after this ri?" Jungwon's eyes spark when he asks me, I smile at him & nod. "I wouldn't miss it for the world won."

"guess both of you can't live out your lives anymore." I chuckled, looking down at the child.

"yeah, but it's been 17 years and we have
forever to do things even when she's grown up. We're just lucky she was born vampire, or else it would've been difficult to adjust. Though, I don't know if I should give her milk or blood?" she tilted her head in confusion, facing jisung.

"i don't know either...we should ask my mom." he ruffled his head in anxiousness, jungwon snickers and shakes his head. "i'm so happy we dealt with this 17 years ago."

"who's we? I pretty much did all the work, you were all worn out and exhausted that even when you went to feed jaesung, you'd fall straight asleep." I burst into laughter, his cheeks turn red out of humiliation. He didn't think that she'd remember that from 17 years ago but after all they're vampires.

"do my homework loser, you got mom's brain after all." jaesung who was sitting on the chair near the hospital bed hurls his homework at sungmi.

"asshole, you got dad's brain how about you study so that your kids won't end up having a stupid head like you." she grasps onto his collar and shakes him vigorously resulting him to fall out of his chair and land with a loud thud.

"yang jaesung, yang sungmi." my lethal eyes pierce into theirs and the room turns silent. "I wasn't dumb for your information, I just was a bad student because I didn't put effort into doing work because I was a vampire and if you don't want to end up in the same path I suggest you do the opposite of what I did." jungwon sardonically smiled at his son.

i let jisung & areum be together after all it was an exhausting day for everyone, I left the kids there to finish their homework and spend some time with the two.

jungwon had his arm wrapped around my waist, "do you believe what our daughter just said? dad's brain." he scoffed, his head low and shaking.

"I might have yelled at them but I had to admit, she was right." my lips curved up into a diabolical smile.

"had you tutor me the whole school year and not a single thought came out of my head but who cares, I only continued failing so I could see you more and so you'd spend more time with me while tutoring." his lips press against my cheeks.

"oh? Is that so? well now you have an eternity to spend with me isn't that right?" my eyes make contact with his and he grins.

"so right." he agrees, then gently placed his warm smooth lips against mine. I'd never get tired of this, even if an eternity went by.

ECLIPSE.

——

the actual end.

once again, thank you everyone who waited for 5 months for this book to end. Thank you for supporting me as always, and encouraging me to write more.