13

——

——

NEXT DAY

Morning comes, and I'm greeted with blurriness and an aching head. I turn to my side to see jungwon next to me on my bed, reading a book. He's reading? But he hates reading.

as I blink my eyes a couple more times, last night's events come flashing back. My head slowly turns over to jungwon, now his eyes shift over to me. "you're awake, how do you feel?" he asks worriedly.

"my head hurts so much." I groan a bit, I pat my neck trying to find the bite marks but they're not there. "You won't find them. Jisung gave his blood to heal you. So they've disappeared." he says, pulling my hand away from my neck.

"I told you that if you gave me that chance, that I couldn't hold back. Why did you help me either way?" he looks back at me all confused. What was I supposed to do? Just let him starve like that? Have him kill someone and be unaware of his actions?

"why are you reading, you hate reading." I try to skip to a new topic. "Don't change the topic Ri. Answer me." he just wouldn't let it slide.

"I knew you'd lose control, do you expect me to let you out in the woods with no control? Instead of just compelling someone and taking their blood, you could've killed them. You'd be unaware of everything, not only that. But you could've gotten caught, and you know that." I snap.

"oh my god, what's with all the quarreling? Usually you guys love each other." Areum comes into the room and lays down on the bed.

"we don't love each other, we acknowledge each other and learn how to get along. Unlike you and Jisung who goes back and forth with each other." I fold my arms.

"you might not love him, but boy is he in love with you." areum smirks at jungwon, Jungwon's face tints red.

"what are you talking about." he feigns to know what she is talking about, giving Areum a look from top to bottom.

"that's real funny Areum." I laugh sleepily, rising from my bed and snatching my book that jungwon was reading.

——

everyone was in the living room, meaning just Jisung, Areum, Jungwon and I.

As I searched for snacks in the fridge, I took out a blood bag and hurled it at jungwon. "Do yourself a favor and stop starving yourself." i sardonically smiled.

he tears one open and glares as he drinks it, but I could care less. "I just realized you're going back to school tomorrow, I'm going to be so lonely." Areum sighs.

"with me around, there's nothing to feel lonely for." adds.

"Maybe not but there will definitely be reasons to die for." Areum retorts.

"ouch."

——

this is what you've been waiting for, I'm still on a break but I couldn't leave y'all hanging after being gone for two months.