I nod. "Yeah." I hope so. Cus if I'm being honest, I'm tired of waiting.

All of a sudden Taleah runs out the house, grabbing my attention instantly. "Omg, our house is so fire," she smiles. "Daddy can you buy me a swing for my room? That's the vibes it's giving. A swing and bookshelf."

"A swing? That's a room or a playground?" I ask. Fuck she on about.

"Ugh, you don't get it. It's supposed to be cute. Papa you know what I'm talking about right?" She asks. I look at Cameron and he's laughing. Nah since when swings went in bedrooms what am I missing? We walk towards her and when we reach her on the doorsteps, Cam pinches her cheek.

"Yes honey, I know what you're talking about. Babe it's like a single swing seat thing. It can go by the window or something—" he explains.

"Aight. just send it to me and I'll get it." I'm not even gon try to understand that. Imma just get it. My head hurts thinking bout that. Taleah jumps up and down, skipping back in the house while me and Cam follow behind her. I already know that's not the last request she gon have. But I don't mind. That's my baby girl, she gotta have everything she want.

When Taleah runs off to her room again, I follow Cameron to the kitchen. It's big and got a lot of space. Maybe that's the real reason he chose this house. "This kitchen is gorgeous," he grins, "Really really nice. Maybe, just maybe, I can start cooking again? Since I'll be home more until..." he taps his fingers on the counter.

That's been a conversation we ain't been seeing eye to eye on. Cameron was real sad about having to leave his students back at his old job. But then he eventually said maybe he could get a new teaching job out here, and that's what made him feel better. But the issue is, ion really want him to be working like that. I just feel like there's no need for him to if I can take care of him. And since we in the perfect situation where he don't have no attachment to no students or job, he don't even have to get into one. We got into a little argument about that too. I was just tryna explain to him that he'll be working for no reason and then he got mad and said it was his passion and all that. So then I ended the conversation and told him we'll talk about it later. And now later is here.

"Until you healthy. Come on," I shake my head. He sighs. "Next year."

"Next year? What am I supposed to do until then? Be lonely and bored in this house?"

I think. No, there's more to do than that. "Come work with me." I suggest. That's something else I worked on during the whole process of getting ready to move here. I came down one weekend and bought me a store to turn into my shop. I figured there was no reason I wasn't doing it by myself since I have my license and everything. It made no sense to work for somebody especially because as far as I know, this is my main job now. So I got the time to run my own shit.

My daughter and Cameron suggested I hire people, so I had them write a message for some people I know of at the other place I worked in to see if they wanted to come work here. Now the issue is all of them responded back, damn near begging me to "pick them." I was really planning on it being bout four other people and that's it. So I been holding off on it so I really got time to think about who would be best. I got some clients messaging me, asking me where I'm at so I told them Imma have my place soon so they gotta wait. That's one thing I ain't never worried about though, I ain't pressed for people to come to me. Ion have enough time in the day to accommodate everybody, that's the problem.

"And do what?" He narrows his eyes, "sterilize equipment?"

I laugh, "Nah. Front desk. Answer the phone. Questions. Walk ins. Consent forms, all that," I explain. I think he would be perfect for that. Cam rolls his eyes, facepalming.