[56] Defend the Crown

Start from the beginning

"Okay." You lowered All Might to the floor.

Despite All Might being well over 213 centimeters (7 feet) tall, you were able to carry him easily. All Might weighed practically nothing in this form.

"Woah, Midoriya!" Kaminari ran over. "Where'd all that crazy firepower come from?"

Kirishima eagerly followed. "You were like a rocket, [L/n]!"

Midoriya started talking about his new iron soles. You glanced at them briefly before wandering off. You didn't think Midoriya discovering what legs were was a big deal. In your mind, it was only natural that Midoriya, a close-range fighter, would use all four limbs.

All Might saw you leave in the corner of his eye. He frowned to himself.

He wasn't there for you when you lost everything, and with All Might's retirement, you could no longer depend on him for anything.

"That was close, All Might." Aizawa walked up to All Might. "You'd better stand back for now."

All Might jolted. "Apologies!" He turned to look up at Bakugou. "I'm sorry, Young Bakugou!"

Bakugou was glaring down at Midoriya, one foot propped onto the edge of the cliff. He bared his teeth. "Tch."

A massive explosion engulfed the top of the cliff. "You better watch yourself, All Might!"

Watch myself... All Might thought. Right.

All Might was the one who needed protecting now.

"That's enough, Class A!"

Everyone turned towards the booming voice.

Vlad King led his students into the gym. "The T.K.L. is supposed to be ours this afternoon!"

You peeked out from behind a rock pillar. You hadn't expected 1-B to arrive this early. You were usually able to avoid Monoma, but maybe not this time.

"It's Class B," murmured Midoriya.

Kaminari huffed. "What bad timing!"

Vlad King nodded at Aizawa. "Eraser. Get going now."

Aizawa wouldn't budge. "We've still got about ten minutes left. I aim to use our time efficiently."

"Hey, have you all heard!? About how half those taking the license exam fail it!? I bet you're all gonna fail, Class A!"

There Monoma was.

You retreated behind the pillar. You'd have to ask Shoji or Sato for cover to sneak out of here.

Monoma laughed villainously, stood with his arms spread and feet apart.

Kaminari smiled in exasperation as he pointed at Monoma. "So, what's up with his costume?"

Kendo answered, "He told us that because he copies other's Quirks, he doesn't need some flashy, eccentric costume."

"Looks eccentric enough to me."

Another 1-B student with a weird costume was Kuchimoto. He was wearing what was basically the male armor from the set.

Kuchimoto tugged down his mask and began spreading his stars in one corner of the gym.

Vlad King did nothing to stop him. He just nodded in approval. "Ku's using his time wisely."

Rin dashed past Vlad King to stop Kuchimoto. "Don't spit! It's not our turn yet, idiot!"