Thirty

"Lieutenant.", Ghost grabbed the door frame for support as he leaned into the room to meet you face to face. "It's rude to stare."

Dumbfounded, you just stared at him for a moment before swallowing hard.

"It's also rude to run around half naked.", you gifted him a cocky smirk.

"I'm not running around half naked."

"Right. You're almost entirely naked. My bad."

Letting out a soft groan, he shook his head and returned to the bathroom.

Not a few moments passes and the soft sound of running water filled the room.

At the thought of a hot shower, your skin grew goosebumps all over. A soft sigh escaped your lips as you closed your eyes and leaned back, arms crossed behind your head, to stare at the ceiling.

All of a sudden it crossed your mind that Soap would never agree with you getting involved with Ghost.

Struck by that thought, you frowned.

Why did your mind play those tricks on you now?

You had no desire to get into a relationship yet alone with a man who had the emotions of a rock.

His body was a huge plus, you couldn't deny that, but besides the outside attraction, you found him rather cold and distant.

Even though Soap had gotten to him you doubted that he would allow you to have the same privilege.

It seemed like he was hella picky with his people. And you weren't friendly enough to get under his skin. Nor were you as disciplined as Price of Alejandro so going that road wasn't an option either.

With one hand wiping over your face, you let out a low groan.

Why did it bother you so much to have Ghost around?

Usually you had no problem working with strangers. You would do the job and after that part ways, never to be seen again.

But with him it was different.

Even though he mainly spent time with you because your idiot of a brother had asked for a favour, you still enjoyed his company.

He was calm, didn't talk much and if he did he was president with his words. No fucking around nor wasteful moments.

As someone who had to deal with the most stressful people and situations you were quite glad to have a man like him around.

Maybe you started to get lonely.

That must have been it. Otherwise you and Ghost would have been enemies in the flesh.

Or perhaps only he would have hated you for your loose mouth. You, on the other hand, would have loved to talk until his ears started to bleed.

It seemed fun to mess with him. Even though he hardly showed any signs of being actually annoyed by people.

Letting out a deep breath, you swing your legs into the air and rolled off the bed in one swift movement.

"Ghost, hide your soaped up baby bum!", you knocked on the door of the bathroom. "I need to take a piss."

Not waiting for an answer, you opened the door and granted yourself entrance.

Almost immediately as you set foot into the room, the moist air made your vision go blurry. Thick white dust covered your view and all you could see were uneven silhouettes.

"Feckin' hell, Ghost...", you tried to chase away the smoke with your hands. "I expected you to be one for cold showers. How hot did you turn it? Pits of hell?"

Mid sentence you almost slipped on a wet puddle on the floor.

Your head snapped back, balance sifted and made it hard for you to find a good point of view to keep yourself from cracking your skull open.

But before you could meet the ground two strong hands wrapped around your arms to pull you back to your feet.

Struck by surprise, a soft squeak escaped you.

Water soaked into your clothes.

Everything got warmer all of a sudden.

And wet as well.

Frowning in confusion, you found yourself halfway standing in the shower. One foot already started to get soaking wet while soft drops of water rained down on your shoulder and half of your face.

The warmth was enough to make your body react with goosebumps.

Not able to get out a single word you stared into the eyes of Ghost.

"Bloody Jesus...", you mumbled with a confused stare. "You really keep that thing on in the shower."

The expression changed in his eyes.

He really did stay true to his words. He wore the mask.

It was soaked with water already, glued to his head like a second layer of bumpy skin.

Long strands of water poured from it as he lowered his head to examine you.

"Do you need a shower?", he asked. "If not, get lost."

Halfway surprised yet also annoyed by such a snappy remark, you pulled a face.

"Is that an invitation?", you asked and unconsciously let a hand slide up to caress his exposed neck.

His muscles reacted to the touch.

He shifted a little, almost we it he tried to escape but didn't know if he wanted to pull away or lean into you.

"Not much space in here.", he said and stepped back.

In that moment you caught fire.

Without the use of your brain, you took a step after him and found yourself in the shower, so close to Ghost's exposed chest that you played with the idea of letting the tip of your tongue slide over the skin that was shiny from soap and water.

Whatever shampoo he used, it made him smell good, like smoked whiskey and a faint hint of pine trees.

Your eyes wandered over his body, down to the lowest level you deemed proper to look at.

As soon as small strands of pubic hair appeared on the brim of his belly button and moved downwards, you looked back up to meet his gaze.

Heat pulsated inside your head.

But you didn't turn red. You never did.

All you did was feel a thrill chase through your veins.

You had smelled blood.

Now you wanted more.