Twenty-Seven

"Alright, everyone, listen up.", Price put his hands on the table. "We've got a hint of where El Sin Nombre could be. Gaz will check out the location for us and we'll have more clarity in no time."

"I can't believe it Feckin' worked.", Soap snarled, arms crossed as he leaned in the corner of the room.

His dark gaze lingered on you for a moment before it jumped over to Ghost, who stood right in your shadow.

It made the hairs in the back of your neck stand up straight to know that he was right behind you, breathing, his eyes drilling into your flesh like a knife.

For a moment he threw a glance over to Soap, as if he tried to tell him off, and then let a sound be heard that clearly showed he wasn't willing to get into any details.

"We had a mission and we finished it according to our own solution.", you said to your brother from the side, hoping it would make him less salty.

"You jumped off a cliff.", Soap's eyebrows drew together.

"It was necessary."

"It was idiotic."

"Tell me about it, mister getting-shot-and-dragging-yourself-through-a-shadow-infested-city."

He pulled a face.

"Who told you that?", his eyes immediately jumped to Ghost.

He simply shook his head.

"I know a lot, dear brother.", you gifted him a bitter sweet smile before pulling a face of annoyance as well. "And I told you to get off my case."

"I'm lookin' out for ya."

"Ya bein' a twat!"

"Enough!", Price's harsh voice cut through the tension like a knife through flesh and made both of you flinch in surprise. "You two should work together as a unit, how come that every time we get you on the same team there's trouble?"

Almost loosing it, you pressed your lips into a thin line and sucked in a sharp breath before being able to glance at Price from the corner of your eyes.

"Is that a question you want answered, captain?", you asked with a beastly grin.

Tired of discussions and sarcastic remarks, the Brit closed his eyes and let out a soft sigh while shaking his head.

"I know you two have differences, but you need to get it together for this mission, got it?", he looked at Soap before gifting you a warning glance as well. "I need both of you on this team. Sharp. Don't get into each others business. Work together."

Annoyed, you let out a grunt and gave your brother a playful push to the shoulder to get him off your case.

"I hate to break it to you, but our little twat as an issue with... let's say working as siblings.", you crossed both arms in front of your chest. "We used to be on the same team, remember?"

At the memories, Price pulled a face.

It was visible that he wasn't fond of the time that he had to deal with you and Soap at the same time and wasn't trying to go back to it either.

But there was no way he could avoid it now since your skills and Soap's dedication to the cause were key elements to solve this issue.

"Fine...", the captain let out a deep breath and turned to Alejandro who had watched the situation unfold from a safe distance. "Tell me who you need, I'll take the other."

A soft chuckle made the Mexican show a hint of pearly white teeth.

He pointed at you.

"100 seems to be willing to take risks.", he said and locked eyes with you. "Could be useful once we get more intel on Valeria."

"No matter if the call got to her or somebody else, she can't be far.", you said. "I don't think that just anyone can take calls for El Sin Nombre."

"She'll know that it was somebody who wants to get to her once somebody tells that you and Ghost ran off like idiots.", Soap shoved his nose into your face.

Rolling your eyes, you pushed him off, hand on his entire face.

"That's why we have to be quick.", Price said. "100, as soon as Gaz confirms the target is present we have to take the chance. You'll be send with Alejandro and Rudi this time. Ghost, Soap and Gaz are on me."

"If you say so, Captain.", you shrugged. "Orders are orders."

"Always pragmatical.", he nodded, satisfied that at least one of the MacTavish did what he asked. "Alright, now that this is settled, everyone should get some rest. We'll have to be back up in a few. You're dismissed."

Doing a gesture, you excused yourself from the group and wanted to leave.

A warm shower and some sleep would do you some good since you were still a little jet lagged and only running on a few hours of sleep.

But almost immediately as you turned away, somebody jointed your side.

Under the impression that it was Ghost, or worse, Soap you let out a low groan and rolled your eyes.

Somebody chuckled next to you.

It didn't sound familiar.

Confused, you threw a glance over your shoulder.

"Colonel.", you said with raised eyebrows and stopped in your tracks.

With a charismatic smile and his hands crossed behind his back, he gave you a nod of the head.

"Call me Alejandro.", he said and placed a hand on your back to get you to walk with him. "I wanted to get to know you a little better before we dive into danger. Do you have a moment?"

With a hum, you started to follow him.

"Lead the way."

"It won't take long. I just need a calm minute without your brother."

"You worked with him before.", you noted.

He nodded.

"I did. Good soldier. Even better man."

"Johnny is the feisty MacTavish. I'm sure you had enough chances to figure that out."

"I did. But he's also loyal.", Alejandro stopped in his tracks to meet eyes with you. "But I also wondered, if he's the feisty one, which one are you?"