Sixteen

"Alright, pendejo, let's sort things out.", you flipped a chair to take a seat, arms rested on the headrest and grinned.

"Easy, 100.", Price said from the back.

He stood in the shadows, not as hidden as Ghost, yet hidden enough to not be center of attention.

From the place he stood he was able to have an eye and an ear for everything that happened.

Ghost was right behind him, hidden in the dark, that only the white of his eyes was visible. He almost looked like Price's shadow.

That skull mask of his seemed to have a good effect as well.

Pablo kept throwing a glance over to him every few seconds. He was nervous, which gave you an advantage.
Quickly, you made use of that man's unsettled state of mind.

"Eyes on me, compadre.", you snipped your fingers before his eyes.

Pablo's head snapped back to lock eyes with you.

"I don't know what I could give you.", he said with bared teeth. "You have no reason to hold me hostage."

You did a gesture, trying to suppress the amusement on your face.

"I could give you a list, my friend.", Alejandro suddenly said and appeared at your side. "Right on top, right hand man of El Sin Nombre."

"Drug business and corruption.", you clarified and gifted him a broad grin. "So. Let's make a deal, aye? I promise you, you'll get away with your life. Mercy that you can probably not expect from your... employer."

A flinch chased through Pablo's face. Fear lit up inside his eyes.

But he tried to keep up the hard mafia image and just laughed.

"Prison isn't really better than death, no?", he asked and tried to pull on his handcuffs one moment later.

You shrugged.

"Matter of perspective.", you hummed. "Mexican jail? Probably not. But you're a smart man, no?"

His eyes narrowed.

"What does that mean?"

"That means you know the position you hold, amigo.", Alejandro chipped in. "Loads of information. Secrets. As second in command, el sin nombre must tell you a lot."

For a moment, Pablo glared at the other Mexican. It seemed like he knew who he was and took that quite personal.

You glanced up to catch a glimpse of Alejandro's reaction.

He just smiled, rather aggressively, and didn't let himself be intimidated by a man who was chained to a chair and trapped in a container.

"I don't know anything about El sin nombre.", Pablo insisted with a shrug of his shoulders. "I just got the job because one of you gringos shot Hector."

You hummed.

"Your welcome.", you smiled. "I got you the promotion."

He pulled a face.

"You just rode me into shit!"

Surprised, your eyebrow rose.

"Oh?", you leaned forward, smile on your lips. "Tell me more, amigo. Sounds like you're desperate to get your ass out of trouble. We might be able to help you out."

You gestured over your shoulder where the rest of the team watched from afar.

For a moment, Pablo remained silent.

"Look...", Hector was the second in command for a long time, he finally started to talk. "I don't know a lot. I'm totally new to this."

You did a gesture to dismiss the unnecessary small talk.

"Yada, yada, enough with that.", you sighed. "Look, all week need to know is, where is she?"

Struck by surprise, his eyes widened in shock.

That was the exact reaction you wanted from him.
People were just like rats. If they felt trapped they started to bite.

That way, emotions were out of control and things came out that usual were well hidden.

"I won't tell.", Pablo said and pressed his lips into a thin line.

You exchanged a glance with Alejandro and then shrugged.

"No location, no deal.", you simply said and got up. "But remember, if I walk through that door, we don't have a deal."

Anger appeared on his face.

"What deal, pendejo?! Jail?"

"Yes, but a luxury ticket for it. Not Mexican. American. All you'll have to do is snitch."

"Snitches get killed by the cartel faster than I can blink!"

You shrugged.

"As soon as we release you, you're dead anyways.", you crossed your arms in front of your chest and leaned against the exit to put some more pressure on him. "C'mon. Let's shake hands on the deal and you'll be out of the country in the next thirty minutes. Sealed and protected by the US and A."

You gifted him a large grin that made clear there was no room for negotiations no more.

This was an ultimatum.

It was do or die.

Small beads of sweat shimmered on his forehead as Pablo looked around between you, Alejandro and Price.

His mouth was wide open, eyes trembled, as he gently shook his head.

One of your eyebrows rose.

"What... what will the Americans do to me?", he asked and opened his hands as if he was desperate to find an answer.

You threw a glance over to Price.

With crossed arms he shook his head. The expression on his bearded face was grim yet you could tell from experience that he wasn't displeased by how things were going.

You flashed him a smile and wanted to look back at Pablo, but got distracted by Ghost's bright eyes in the day.

The way he stood in the shadows, arms crossed, dressed in his full tactical gear, made you think that he had earned that nickname.

If you wouldn't have known that he was present, he would have gone unnoticed.

That was something impressive for a man of his size, especially since he looked like the bringer of death himself.

His eyes locked with yours, half lowered, almost lazy.

With a nod of your head you took note of his existence and then turned back to look at Pablo.

"The Americans will love to know everything about cartel business.", you said. "On American ground, of course. Tell them and you'll have a comfortable prison stay."

You smiled.