Four

Lost in thoughts, you sat on a bench while the deafening noise of the helicopter engine made your ears ring.

Taking a deep breath in, you closed your eyes and let your head fall back against the metal wall to feel the vibration inside your brain.

This mission had cost so many soldiers as you had never lost before and the price had been more trouble.

Actually, that wasn't entirely true.

There had been a mission, one special mission.

Only thinking about it was enough to turn your guts inside out.

"Shiiiit...", you gasped as the helicopter jumped through an air hole.

"Really helps to loose pressure, doesn't it?", a voice asked from the side.

You didn't open your eyes.

Instead, you crossed both arms in front of your chest and hummed.

"Sometimes things need to be loosened.", you replied and put on a smirk to hide the fact that there weren't good thoughts filling your head in that moment. "Otherwise I'd be stiff as stone."

The man chuckled.

"Being too loose could mean sloppy work."

You huffed.

"Not me. But I do know a guy who could use some less..."

"Sounds like someone I've worked for."

"I doubt that. My brother works with others."

The helicopter lost height.

You could feel how the metal bird broke through a wave of clouds and sank before flying straight again.

The air warmed up.

Goosebumps on your arms turned back into smooth skin.

A deep, long breath escaped your lips.

"Almost there...", you mumbled as the smell of warm sand and palm trees filled your nose.

Someone got up from their seat.

"We're about to land!", the pilot informed you from his seat.

Light flooded the darkness.

The blackness before your closed eyes turned red.

A gush of wind danced around your head and made the (H/C) hair on your head tremble.

"Good.", your eyes snapped open. "Let's get going, boys. We don't got all day."

The group of soldiers cheered.

Slowly, the helicopter lowered itself to the ground. The ramp was already opened a crack, wide enough for you to see the land below.

Wide landscapes with little to no green spread below.

Small clouds looked like floating sheep.

A huge building stretched towards the sky.

It looked like a small version of an American prison, but with less security and more heavy machinery up on the walls.

As the helicopter was low enough, you could spot a few people running up and down inside the towers.

There was a river not far from it, strategically placed perfectly to keep attacks slow.

Your eyes wandered down to the runway where a group of armed men waited.

Dust twirled up.

You walked up to the ramp of the helicopter and grabbed one of the ropes to keep yourself from falling off so you could have a better look at the situation.

There were three men waiting for you.

Two of them were mediocre equipped, with machine guns and bulletproof vests but no more tactical gear than expected.

The other one was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt.

At least he wore gloves and was armed.

"For fucks sake...", you huffed and jumped out the heli as it was about to come to a stand. "You still don't know how to dress?"

The man, grumpy looking, with a stare that could have made blood freeze, looked up.

His hair had a deep black colour, similar to the stubbles that grew all over his face.

As soon as your (E/C) eyes locked with his bright blue ones the expression on his face shifted and a broad, pearly white grin appeared.

With his arms spread, he approached you for a hug.

But you knew that this was just a trap.

He didn't really want to be nice.

"You know I look best in this, aye?", he laughed and wanted to wrap his arms around you.

You dodged the gesture, slipped under his arm and wrapped your arm around his neck instead to give his neck a firm squeeze.

Gasping and chuckling, he grabbed your arm and started wrestling with you.

"Bloody Jesus!", he growled in an amused manner. "You're so mean to me!"

"You bastard!", you chuckled and pushed him away. "Big mouth as always."

As he stumbled and tried to keep his face from kissing the pavement, you placed a slap on his bum.

He dropped, still grinning.

"Come on.", with a gesture of his hand, he asked you to help him up. "Help your favourite person in the whole world up."

You did so with a smirk.

As he stood again, your eyebrows rose in surprise.

"You put on some weight.", you patted his shoulders. "Looking good and healthy."

He smiled.

"I look quite dateable, don't I?", his Scottish accent seeped through the words.

You had to snort.

"Don't be ridiculous. No one is fool enough to date you, Johnny."

Baffled, his eyes widened and his mouth fell open.

But there was no time for him to answer.

"MacTavish!", a deep voice called out.

Both of you turned your heads.

A man, or rather a giant, approached.

He was dressed in all black tactical gear, armed with a machine gun.

His huge feet were stuck in some black combat boots and his broad chest was protected by a deep, black bulletproof vest.

Confused, you looked him up and down, one eyebrow raised.

"Is it halloween already?", you asked and pointed at the skull mask he was wearing. "I'd give you six points for the effort. Not very creative though."

The man came to a stand.

There were holes cut out of the mask. His eyes were visible.

Bright blue.

He looked you up and down before looking at Johnny behind you.

"I said MacTavish.", he repeated in his low, husky voice.

You smirked.

"Which one?", you pointed at yourself and then at Johnny. "The younger or the old cunt?"

Now it was the stranger who seemed to be confused.

"Explain.", he demanded, still not talking to you.

"That's my brother.", you crossed both arms in front of your chest. "John. I think you call him Soap?"

Soap's hand grabbed you by the shoulder.

"Sorry, Lt.", he grinned. "I had terrible influence on little (Y/N)."