Fourteen

Grunting, you were pulled behind a wall in one harsh move. The power that was used was enough to press the air out of your lungs as you hit the wall.

"Feckin' hell, Ghost!", you gasped as he jumped in front of you, gun in hand and tried to get a good shot. "I like it rough."

"You should've stayed put, MacTavish!", he growled and took out one man before bullets started to rain down on the two of you. "Just like your brother."

You laughed.

"I wish that wasn't true but we both know it is.", you wanted to jump back to your feet to give him some backup, but Ghost grabbed you by the collar and pulled you back to the ground.

"Get your arse out of here, Lieutenant.", he growled. "I'll buy us some time."

You rolled your eyes.

"Pablo is right ahead, Riley, we can't let him get away."

One bullet hit the wall right behind you.

The impact caused such a vibration that you could feel it press into the back of your neck. Out of reflex, you rolled away.

The knife you had dropped earlier caught your attention.

Ghost leaned around the corner and fired two more shots.

One man dropped dead. Another fell to the ground, screaming as blood poured from a hole in his arm.

"You're a bloody good shot, Ghost, I have to give you that.", you huffed and grabbed the knife to position yourself on the other side of the entrance.

"Shut the hell up and move!", he shouted.

His voice was so low that it sounded like it was vibrating.

Chills crawled down your spine and made you smirk.

You flipped your knife open.

The blade was so clean that you could see your own reflection in it. You tilted it to get a glance inside the room.

"Pablo's still present.", you noted. "I'll go in. Cover me!"

With your head pulled in, you got down on all four and slipped into the room, shielding yourself from the bullets by crawling along the benches while you held the knife with your teeth.

Gun noises chased past your head.

"Fuckin' hell, MacTavish, get your arse back here. Now!", Ghost shouted after you and shot another man who was about to catch you under one of the benches. "This is an order!"

You rolled your eyes.

"You don't get to order me around.", you replied and stabbed one guy in the leg as he was close enough.

Screaming, he fell to his knees, just deep enough for you to bury the blade in the side of his neck.

Blood splattered all over your face as he dropped to the floor, eyes wide open.

Quickly, you grabbed his machine gun and started to fire a row into the group of cartel members that hid behind the altar.

"Riley, push!", you yelled.

Behind the wall, Ghost rolled his eyes and let out a low groan.

"Fuckin' hell...", he groaned and jumped behind the first row of benches for cover. "Make it quick!"

"On it, Spooky!", you took down another man before slipping from your cover and chasing down the aisle while Ghost provided fire support from the back.

Pablo noticed that his men started to drop like flies. Regret appeared on his face, mixed with a hint of worry.

His eyes jumped through the room in an attempt to check the situation.

It was easy to tell that things didn't look all too well, even he was able to notice. So he did the only thing he deemed wise to do.

He turned on his heel and ran for the hills.

"The fuck you won't!", you hissed and glued yourself to his heels. "Clear the area, Ghost. I'm on him!"

"Roger!", Ghost pushed further into the room.

With clenched teeth, you chased after Pablo.

The church wasn't big enough to run forever. A wall already threatened to cut him off.

But members of the cartel often were unwilling to give up when it was wise.

He didn't look back as he threw himself through a window to make his way out.

Everybody around was alarmed as the sound of shattering glass filled the silence of the graveyard.

Heads shot around to look at what went down on a sacred day like this.

"Stay down!", you yelled as you climbed after him.

Small pieces of glass dug into your palm. Small drops of warm blood filled your hand.

You shut out the minor feeling of pain and kept on chasing the man.

"I said don't move!", you repeated and fired a shot of warning.

The bullet barely missed his heel as he turned to jump over a broken wall to get out of the fenced area.

Sweat covered your forehead.

You could feel the air burn in your lungs already.

But as you noticed where he jumped, you stopped running and started to grin. It almost made you laugh.

A loud grunt filled the tense silence.

Grinning amused, you lowered the weapon and walked up to the broken wall to throw a glance over.

Right behind the dark bushes that covered the view, was a trench. It wasn't deep, but deep enough to trap somebody for a few seconds.

Stones filled the bottom, sharp and edgy.

Pablo had made a terrible decision and now had to deal with the consequences.

His face was distorted in pain while he tried to climb back up.

It seemed like his leg had taken some damage. It looked heavier, less able to carry weight.

"Need a hand, pendejo?", you asked with a grin and pointed the gun at him as a warning.

A hateful shimmer filled his eyes as he glanced up at you from the corner of his vision.

His hand with the gun in it twitched.

You shook your head.

"Don't.", you advised. "Or I'll make you a cripple."

A low growl escaped him.

"What do you want?", he asked with bared teeth.

You slid down to put some handcuffs on him.

"Oh, shouldn't you know?", you asked in Spanish, wiggling your eyebrows. "Also. I'm feckin' Scottish, aye?"