Chapter 42

The next day we all gather together to look at the photographs and decide which ones to release to the press.

"I like this one of us Freddie." She holds the photograph up for me to see.

Elle and I was looking deep into each other's eyes. "Me too."

Amanda picks up a photograph of her laughing in Franco's arm. I see her go red and I watch him stare at her in awe. I was glad all my relatives was in Italy including my grandmother. After choosing the photos we like we have breakfast.

I was holding Elle's hand as we explore Rome with our guest. We were on our way to a café after visiting a museum that morning.

Elle sees a shop selling baby items and pause to have a look in the window. "Do you want to go in?"

"Yeah I can buy my nephew and nieces something."

We all pile into the store and I have a look at some baby clothes. As I held a onesie in my hand I knew I wanted to be a father.

We pick some clothes out for my niece and nephew then go into a store for older kids to get Samantha some gifts as well.

We were sat in a café I booked out so we could have some privacy. When my best friend Franco who was an investment banker surprised us all.

"Amanda and I are getting married."

I spill my drink in shock, "What did you just say?"

He holds Amanda's hand and caress her knuckles. Like me he was the product of a white father and a black mother. He had black hair and brown eyes. He was 6'1 with olive skin. I was surprised at the news since they barely knew each other.

"Don't you want to get to know each other first?" I ask.

"The duchess and I had several long chats about our future. We both feel this is the right thing for both of us. I want her safe and to support her through the upcoming trial."

Ironically the reasons Elle and I thought they would be good together was being used to justify the hasty marriage.

"I want this marriage." We all turn to look at Amanda. "He won't raise his hand or fist to me and if he does. I'm out the door. His family has been amazing to me and his sister has become another sister to me along with Isabelle. When I was a prisoner I never thought this was possible. I want to go back to school and study to become the doctor I desperately want to be."

Elle take hold of Amanda's hand and a look passes between them and in that moment. We all knew this wasn't an announcement for us to pick apart.

Elle wipes her eyes, "I'm happy for you."

"We're going to announce our engagement at the end of the week. My parents and I will be moving into his family's chateau in Italy. I can't wait to see the family's palace in France."

"Will it be a long engagement?" Ask Leah.

"No we want a church wedding as soon as it can be arranged. I would like you all to come."

"Let me know the date and I'll be there," Johan looks at his ex girlfriend and smile.

Later when everyone went home. I found Elle and Amanda having a conversation in the garden.

Isabelle's POV

In the past

Isabelle didn't understand what was happening why was she in pain. Amanda holds her while Damian was watching from the door. "I'm so sorry Isabelle I got you some strong painkillers. They did something bad to me didn't they?"

"I don't know," replies Amanda. "But it safe to say they did."

"Thank you both for your kindness towards me."

"Isabelle we are all on the same side you. One day I'm going to get married and you will be my bridesmaid."

Isabelle looks at Amanda, "You're so positive how can you stand living here?"

Amanda smiles sadly, "Its the only way I'll survive this place. I want to get married to a guy who wants to love, supports and keep me safe."

"Your Prince Charming will come."

"Charming yes but he won't be a prince."

"You deserve to be happy you know Amanda."

"I know," but Amanda didn't remember what happiness was anymore.

The next day when she went to give Isabelle her breakfast and found she didn't remember their conversation. Amanda was glad a guard was on their side to protect her because the truth was. In the state she was in If a guard wanted to hurt her they could. It seems only she and Damian knew something wasn't quite right with Isabelle.

The Present.

We were in the palace gardens, "Are you sure Amanda?"

"I'm sure he wants to protect me like how Freddie is protecting you."

"That's wonderful but do you love him?"

"Not yet, but I'm being practical I'm going to enter the world again full time."

"I'm always going to be on your side you know."

"I know Isabelle but Franco will be with me 24/7."

I understood what Amanda wanted and Franco would private the safety she desperately craved. I have known him my whole life and he was a good man. He is a prince with the wealth, castles, bodyguards and celebrity to match. He just didn't have a country to rule.

"He will take good care of you, both him and his family."

"I know both he and his parents told me that. It's been nice living here with you Isabelle. When I move to the chateau I will have more family than I could ever imagine."

I smile and try to hold in my emotions because she and I spoke about her wanting family so often. Now it was finally happing for her.

"It looks like you got your Prince Charming after all."

"Yes I did, he's not an HRH but I don't care."

"Erm Amanda your fiancé is an HRH that's why the staff calls him your royal highness."

"I thought it was because he was a prince. Holy crap what are the chances I end up married to a prince."

I bump my shoulder with hers, "Very high when your best friend is a princess."

We laugh, "Isabelle you have to help me pick a wedding dress." She stops speaking for a moment. "I'm getting married in a church and I'm going to be saying my vows before god. Do you remember how often I said marriage would never happen for me."

"Yes," I answered. "Then I told you to pray for god to send you a good man."

"And my prayer worked."

Two weeks later I stood in church watching Amanda get married. I was happy for her because she could start the new chapter of her life she always wanted.