Chapter 4

"You know her brother fired all of her bodyguards and his new security personnel revetted everyone to an inch of their lives. It helps that Lorraine foolishly thought turning on everyone would stop her getting the death sentence."

"I know all that mum but I'm still scared."

"You have to be cautious son she's a princess but you have to live too. Your younger brother will now be heir to the dukedom and he's not worried if he's good enough or as good as you. He's just happy you and Isabelle are finally getting married."

"You're right mum I'm going to just enjoy my relationship with Izzie. I'm going to trust my bodyguard and the palace bodyguards are enough to keep her safe."

He hears her being paged in the background. "I have to go I love you son."

"I love you too mum."

He walks back into the villa to see Isabelle was still asleep. So he decides to maker her breakfast. He knew she liked porridge for her breakfast no matter the weather. So he prepped everything to make her some along with chopping up some fresh fruits. Then he starts making himself a open face sandwich with cold cuts and cheese.

Isabelle wakes when the kettle starts to boil. She yawns and moves her hair from out of her face. Her makeup was smeared and she had drool on the side of her mouth.

"Morning, why don't you get ready for the day and I'll cook your porridge for you."

"Thank you," she replies.

As she yawns again and stretches her eyes catches her hand and the engagement ring. She starts screaming and James notices her looking for something. It was her phone, she starts to take photos of her engagement ring. "As soon as I tell mum and dad and Johan about this. I'm posting pictures to the family WhatsApp group."

He was happy to see her so happy especially after yesterday's little meltdown. She walks over to him and hugs him then go into her room. Half an hour later she comes out wearing the olive dress and white trainers. She leaves her long brunette hair to air dry. She sits at the dining table and video calls her brother and her parents.

Johan, Bianca, the king mother and the prince consort comes on screen. "Hi Izzy. I'm not going to complain about the time difference because I see the rock Izzy is making sure is in frame as she eats. Congratulations to both of you."

"Thank you Your Majesty." James stands and bows to the king and queen. He knew he should've done that at the start of the conversation but didn't.

"Izz let's see the ring up close," she shows Queen Bianca the ring.

Her mother whistles, "That's a huge rock. I can see the happiness radiating of you Isabelle. I can't wait to help you plan your wedding. The first big wedding of your brothers' reign. Isabelle's cousin Carl had a shot gun wedding and a blessing months later with a horse drawn carriage ride through the streets of Copenhagen. But everyone understood what the king mother meant. The wedding of the king mothers daughter who was also the king's sister was more important than a second cousin's wedding.

"You know Izzy since I'm king we can change things up. We can announce your engagement while you're on holiday. Just send me photo of you and James together."

She looks at James silently asking him what she should do. "I want you to have everything your mother did. Your brother didn't get his engagement interview or had the press taking photos of him and his fiancée. I want us to do that and it's a great way to build up anticipation for the wedding. Beside we are on holiday I don't want people coming up to congratulate us constantly."

Everyone thinks about what James said for a moment. "I have a suggestion," offers Johan

James turns to Isabelle, "I like James idea but I think as soon as you set foot on Danish soil. I should say after you leave the airport the engagement announcement is made."

"Then that is what we will do I want you to have your fairytale wedding Isabelle. After so much death and pain it's nice to show another side of Denmark to the world."

"Mum can we leave the engagement announcement for couple days after we return to Denmark."

"Of course sweetheart."

They talk some more then end the call. As James and Isabelle was walking to the car Isabelle reapplies her pink lipstick to her Cupid now.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"No it's a surprise izzie."

The car stops on a street with high end designer stores. James gets out the car and offers Isabelle a hand. He takes her down a side street where there was a local market on. He sees her eyes light up at the array of stalls selling everything from mangos to jewellery.

She walks toward a fruit stall and picks up a fruit she had never seen before, "What's this?" She ask.

"Cassava."

James watches her put it back down and pick up a mango and some large pears. He sees some tamarind and quickly picks them up. They were lovely and sweet. When they bought everything they wanted at the market. James gives one of the security guys their purchases to put in the car. James knew Isabelle wanted a certain bag from Gucci but was kidnapped before she could buy it. So he drives to the store and watches as she goes through the rack of clothes. He was happy to see she bought herself something after a clerk told her they didn't have the bag she wanted. He sees the disappointment on her face. In fact everyone saw the disappointment on her face. The store clerks looks on her with pity then train their eyes on James.

Isabelle purses her lips together then rolls her eyes and walks out the store. James wonders why the bag was so important to her since she had tons of bags.

"Why don't I take you out to lunch we didn't get to enjoy eating in the restaurant last night."

"That sounds good," she look down at the floor. She didn't want to go eat he could tell.

"Why is the bag so important to you?"

"It's not a discussion to have in the open I want to enjoy my holiday."

"I won't bring it up again except to say I bought you the bag it's at home waiting for you."

She gives him a genuine smile and takes his hand in hers, "I need to call Andrea when we get back."

Andrea William was her best friend they met in primary school.