Chapter 3

James POV

In the past

"Izzie this is so lovely I can't believe you did this for me. James reads the voucher which was for a racing weekend getaway.
Passing him a glass of juice she smiles lovingly at him. We have been together for a while and I remember how much you would go on and on about going to see formula 1."

"Izzie I was twelve."

She rolls her eyes, "and sixteen and nineteen. James, I know it's your dream to go."

The excitement on his face was palpable. "I can't believe I'm going to see a race in the flesh."

He put his drink down on the table next to the sofa and opens his arms. She walks into it and breathe in the scent of his masculine cologne. She loved the smell of cedar and sandalwood that his Chanel parfum gave off. They stay like that for a moment before his sister Jenny barges into the cinema room with the pizza they ordered. As Isabelle goes to take the pizza from her. The rest of James family follows with more takeout food and plates.

His mother Susan sees them, "I'm sorry are we interrupting?"

"No you're not I'm just having a moment with my man."

Countess Susan,  James mother a dark skin British doctor who treated Isabelle like she was family. It helped that her best friend was the Kings mother aka Isabelle's mother.

"Is that Chinese?" Ask Isabelle.

"Yes it is and don't worry we ordered you your Kung po chicken," answers James's father, Lord Theo the Earl of Copenhagen.

Everyone sits and start helping themselves to pizza and Chinese food. James put a movie on and they start watching it. As everyone laughs and have a good time James look over at Isabelle. Who looks unburdened as she steals a slice of his younger sister's Jenny's pizza. He knew without a doubt as he watched Isabelle put her head back and let out a loud laugh. He would marry her.

The next day James was having a meeting with his father and a client when his secretary walks in the room looking devastated.

He resist the urge to reprimand her and instead look at the tablet she was showing him.

His breath hitched as he read the headline, Princess Isabelle has been kidnapped. He shows his father the tablet.

"I'm sorry Curtis but we have to reschedule," explains Theo.

Curtis Anderson a heavyset black man in his fifties look with  concerned at his old friend and his godson. 

"Something is clearly wrong what's the matter ? It has to be bad if it's on your tablet?"

Somehow finding the words James whispers, "Izzie has been kidnapped." He sits back down and put his hand on his head in dismay.

"The Queen she just lost her mother and son now she has lost her daughter too. This can't be good for her health."

Theo bends down in front of his son. "We will find her and help bring her home we have the money and resources to do so."

Curtis looks at his best friend knowing there was nothing he could really do to help. So he did the only thing he knew to do, "I'll contribute some money towards finding Isabelle. There are ex swat members I know we can use. Let me help you Debbie and Susan was there for Vanessa and I when we had that thing." He looks at the secretary who quietly leaves.

"Thank you Curtis I appreciate it,"says Theo gratefully.

James look up at his father with tears in his eyes,"It was only last night I made the decision to marry her. Now I won't get a chance to propose to her."

His father draws a chair near to his and sits, "Don't think that way. We need to have hope. We all knew from you and Isabelle was about thirteen and fifteen you would end up together. Have Faith son and pray."

Standing up James grabs his jacket, "I need to go," he wipes his eyes.

His father opens his arms and put them down in frustration choosing to not say what he was going to. "I'll see you at home son have the chauffeur take you home. You're not in any state to drive."

The present day

James opens his eyes and feels something heavy he looks down to see Isabelle was asleep on top of him. They had fallen asleep on the sofa the night before. I can't believe I almost lost you he thought.

He gently manoeuvres her so he could get up and use the bathroom.  He brushes his teeth and tries to tame his head of curls then he has a long shower. He knew Isabelle was tired and would sleep for a while. He was glad to see she slept the whole night through. The change of environment was clearly doing her good. He notices she wasn't soaking wet so he assumes she didn't have a nightmare.

He walks out the shower and wraps a towel around his waist then go into the closet. He chooses a red pair of shorts and a lightweight white shirt to go with it.  He knew Isabelle was going to wear her mother's olive dress.

He calls his mum, "Hello James is everything okay?" Ask his mother her voice laced with worry.

"She said yes."

Susan starts screaming, "My baby is engaged didn't I tell you to give her some time."

"Yes you did I'm just glad I can protect her now. Honestly I feel like getting some more bodyguards for her. Clearly that Lorraine woman was working with her other bodyguards."

James's chapters are in third person