Chapter 34

"You're not the only one darling," Theo takes his wife's hand and squeezes it. I've never seen them looking this burden and worn out before.

"I'll have my people arrest everyone on that list and I'll speak to the nurse personally."

"Dad if you do then she will know something big happened there."

"No one but us and family knows what happened to Isabelle. Once these doctors and nurses are arrested and questioned we will know more. The world knows that people's limbs were amputated and people were experimented on. Luckily Denmark has arrested a lot of the medics involved and this new piece of information will help the victims get justice."

"I understand dad but now we have a man claiming to have cancer."

"I'll look at his notes and personally check if it's true. Obviously he knows doctors who can fake the information for him." I knew Countess Susan would leave no stone unturned to find out the truth about her son.

Theo's phone rings after answering it he looks broken,"My dad has had a heart attack. They don't think he will make it through the night. Susan we need to go now."

"Of course I'm sorry about your father," I say to him.

"Thank you we will be in touch shortly."

"When we were alone I turn to dad , "That's a bit sudden isn't it. I know that man was in good health and took care of himself. His daughter in law is a doctor for goodness sake."

"That is true, " my dad places a hand on his mouth and thinks for a moment. "A dead grandfather and cancer would make people soften towards James. The problem is he wants Isabelle and he has a wife in the way of him achieving his ultimate goal."

"He's going to kill her."

"I think he will, I'm not that woman's biggest fan but she needs to stay in Italy for now."

I knew dad was right unfortunately the duke died two days later and my family and the Danish royals all attended his funeral. I see James holding unto Andrea's hand doing his best to look sad. I roll my eyes at him when he gives me a sly grins. I place an arm around Elle and his grin fades.

"Your Royal Highnesses," he walks up to me and Elle and bows. The countess and I are glad you're here to say farewell to a good man."

I laugh I couldn't help it he doesn't know yet he's not an Earl. The newspapers have been referring to him as one.

A week later Elle and I was present at the will reading at the request of the deceased. He left Andrea one hundred million euros since he knew about the baby. He requested that she and her descendants always live at the family's estate. He left Elle one billion euro cash to make up for her pain and suffering.

James was enraged, "What pain and suffering she's fine."

"Sit down Lord James I'm not finished reading the will." States the solicitor.

"My name is Earl Larsen," screams James.

"If you continue to behave like this I'm going to ask you to leave my office cancer or no cancer. "

James sits in his chair and says nothing else so the solicitor continues, "As I was saying the late duke has left the bulk of his estate to his son Theo the new Duke of Copenhagen. Theo's heir Joseph will inherit a billion euros on his twenty-fifth birthday."

"What did you just say? I could've sworn you said my brother was my father's legal heir and not me. That's impossible the king would have to change the law for him."

The solicitor ignores him, "To James if he has come to my funeral I leave him one Euro. Which is more than he deserves. I will allow him to live on the estate full time.  He will continue to live in the lap of luxury but he can never leave the estate. Except to go to medical appointments or any other occasions his father thinks is necessary. And since he has a job he can live off the money from that. I'm sure my son will allow him to work from home."

James stands and throws his chair my bodyguards man handles him and take him outside.

"I have never in fifty-three years saw such appalling behaviour in my office. His cancer needs to be taken out ASAP and he needs treatment for the tumour."

We all look at the solicitor, "Don't worry Martian we will make sure he gets the best treatment available."

"Duchess I really hope so because if he chooses not to live on the estate. I hate to think what he would be like with people," Martian's eyes darts to Elle's left hand.

Theo and Susan stand and shake Martian's hand, "Thank you for all

You've done for my father over the years."

"It was my pleasure, your grace."

We walk outside to see James being restrained up against a wall. "I'm taking him to the hosptial so he can get checked out." I look at Duchess Susan with pity.

"Let us know how you get on."

"Don't worry we will."