Epilogue

I wake up from a nightmare, dizzy and covered in sweat. I need some water...

Passing by the living room, I notice Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung are all awake and focused on the TV.

Y/N-...What's going on?

Jungkook- Oh, Y/N...you better sit down.

His words make me suddenly alert and awake.

Y/N- What is it? What happened?

Jimin- A series of fire burst all over the town. They claim that's what destroyed the University lab and killed all those people. But also...

Taehuyng- Bastards burned down your house. And Jimin's apartment.

Y/N-...What?

I can't manage more than that one word. The information leaves me stunned, unable to process what Taehyung and Jimin are saying. Jungkook brings me a glass of water, but it doesn't help.

Y/N- I've lost...everything?

Taehyung- It's going to be okay, Y/N. I promise. We're with you.

All three of them give me a hug, assuring me that everything will be fine, even Jimin, whose calm nature gives me courage.

Y/N- This means we're truly not safe anywhere. Where are we going to go...?

None of us has an answer. The next moment, however, brings us something even worse. We're alarmed by an emergency siren.

Jungkook- What's going on?

Jimin- Let's watch the news.

Taehyung- Might wanna look out the window first.

We gather around him, looking out into the street. Not realizing at first that we were looking at a slow, steady march of the fanged, white eyed-dead.

Oh, god....we feared the worst and it has happened.

Jungkook- Here...listen.

TV- THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THE DEAD ARE WALKING THE STREETS. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE. THE MILITARY IS SWEEPING THE STREETS AND DESTROYING BODIES INDISCRIMINATELY. IF YOU STEP OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE, YOU WILL BE KILLED ON SIGHT. LOCK YOUR DOORS, BOARD UP YOUR WINDOWS. DO NOT GET BITTEN.

...The end...?

A/N- Thank you to everyone who made it to the end. It really means a lot to me. Also, if you enjoyed University of the dead check out my second book Supernatural investigators