Chapter 7- Suspected (?)

The idea is too strange for  me to accept. I still haven't recovered from the shock when someone knocks on my front door. The knocks on my door startle me. I approach it slowly, shivering.

Y/N- Who...who is it?

Jungkook- It's Jungkook. Are you okay? I've been so worried.

With a breathe of relief, I open the door.

Y/N- Jungkook, what are you doing here?

Jungkook- I heard about what happened, and I wanted to make sure you're alright.

Y/N- I'm...I'm fine. A little shaken, but fine.

Jungkook- Do you want to talk about it?

Y/N- To be honest, I could use a friend. Please, come in.

Jungkook- So what's going on?

A lump in my throat prevents me from saying anything. A tear rolls down my cheek. When did I start crying...? Jungkook approaches me and wipes the tear off my cheek.

Jungkook- Whatever it is, you're going to be okay, Y/N. I promise.

Y/N- I'm sorry. I fell like I'm going to crack under the pressure. And I'm usually very good with pressure.

Jungkook- I know. You're having a difficult period. Have you thought about going on a vacation?

Y/N- Hahaha.

Jungkook- I'm being serious. At this pace, you're going to burn out.

Y/N- And you think a weekend at the beach will cool me down?

Jungkook- A weekend? I'm talking about taking the whole month off. Relax, travel, exercise, take up a hobby

Y/N- You've got to be kidding.

Jungkook- It's not that impossible if you think about it. We could go visit some of the most famous tourist locations in the country. What do you think?

Y/N- That sounds fun. I've always wanted to go on a road trip with friends..

Jungkook- Right? We could go to all sorts of martial arts tournaments, and--

Y/N- Woah, there. Don't get you hopes up.

Jungkook- I'm sorry. I got carried away. I guess I've been feeling a little restless lately.

Y/N- It's a lovely idea to think about, but...I could never leave without knowing that maybe, just maybe I might save the whole world if I keep working.

Jungkook- Priorities, huh?

Y/N- Yes, there's too much going on right now for me to just run away from it all.

I bet I'd look super guilty in the eyes of the police if I disappeared.

Jungkook- Well, my point was only that you need to take care of both your body and mind. Stress kills, you know that?

Y/N- I do, but thank you for reinforcing the idea. Thinking about that is surely not going to cause me even more stress.

Jungkook- Y/N-...I'm not joking. If you want to continue with your tough girl act, fine. Just remember that it's okay to be vulnerable.

I barely manage to string a few words between sobs.

Y/N- I-I k-n-now....t-thank you, J-Jungkook.

Jungkook- Alright. Now, it's okay if you want to cry, but let's try breathing the way. I showed you, inhale...and exhale.

Y/N- You're a lifesaver, you know?