Chapter 6- Unexpected

Detective NJ- So, what's this information you have for me?

I tell the detective everything, from the moment I heard the noise to the moment Jimin left me in front of the house. A long pause follows.

Detective NJ- Miss Y/N, were in a middle of a possible murder investigation here and you're wasting my time with nonsense!!

Y/N- I am telling the truth!

Detective NJ- You're saying that a monster killed this girl? And then attacked you two?

Jimin- I know how it sounds, but that's what happened.

Detective NJ- Kids these days...I don't know what kind of drugs you were on last night, but I want you out of my sight. We're wrapping up here. Escort these two outside and get their names and addresses.

Y/N- Detective, wait! Whoever was behind that attack wasn't probably tested for the Angello virus. He could have been infected and therefore the lab is contaminated.

Jimin- My colleague is correct. Every moment your men spend here puts them at risk. We're trained to deal with the virus, they are not!

Detective NJ- Even if I believed you for a second, there's nothing I can do. We've found blood stains and signs of struggle, but no body. We're done here!

So much for finding evidence...

Detective NJ- The missing girl's parents still hope we'll find her alive, so there will be consequences if anything about any monsters reaches them. Is that clear?

Jimin- Perfectly.

Detective NJ- Good. Now both of you, get out of my sight.

The police leaves soon after and we're allowed back to the lab in the afternoon. Jimin is right...the police didn't believe me. What's worse, someone heard what I said to the detective and then told some of the professors, who told some of the students. Nobody will ever take me seriously again in this lab. 

Jimin- Pay no attention to them.

Y/N- I should have listened to you.

Jimin- No use thinking about it now. Just focus on what you do best and leave the investigation to the police.

Y/N- I feel so stressed out to work.

Jimin- That's understandable.

Someone taps my shoulder.

???- Hi Y/N!

Aah! What now?!

Y/N- C-can I h-help you?

???- You don't know me, but I...just wanted to say I admire your work, and that you're my role model.

What? Is she serious?

???- This is so embarrassing...anyway, I wanted to say I believe you.

Y/N- Thank you, I really needed to hear that.

???- You're welcome! I also wanted to ask to come pick up some supplies with me because...to be honest, I'm terrified of going alone. I would feel so much safer if you'd join with me.

Y/N- I...I don't know...

???- Oh no, I forgot my list! I'll give you a moment to decide while I go get it.

The girl runs away, leaving Jimin and me alone again.

Y/N- What should I do?

Jimin- I'll go with you. It could be great opportunity to look around for evidence.