Chapter 12- Propose?

???- You better do what she asks!

Y/N- Taehyung?!

What is he doing here?

Student- Who the hell are you?

Taehyung- Someone you don't want to mess with.

Something in his words, or perhaps in his eyes, makes them mumble an apology and rush out of the lab.

Y/N- Um...what are you doing here?

Taehyung- You disappeared this morning without waiting for me to escort you here. 

He says it matter-factly, but with a deeper meaning, a quiet smolder origin of which I can't pinpoint.

Y/N- I had to go to the police station. Jimin--

Taehyung- Jungkook told me all about it. We'll talk about that in a second. 

Since when is he talking to Jungkook?

Taehyung- The lab's official work hours end at five. It's half past six now.

Y/N- So? It's not the first time I've stayed late. Besides, the police are right outside.

Taehyung- So you choose to be stubborn about it.

Y/N- What do you want, Taehyung?

Taehyung- You broke our deal. I'm taking matters into my own hands now.

Y/N- What is that supposed to mean?

Taehyung- Oh, you'll see.

Suddenly, Taehyung lifts me off my chair and throws me over his shoulder.

Y/N- Taehyung, What are you doing?! Taehyung!

Taehyung- Getting you home. Do me a favor and stop moving, alright?

Y/N- Put me down, right now!

Taehyung- Nope.

Y/N- You're causing a scene!

Taehyung- All the more reason for you to stop making  a fuss.

Oh god, oh god, oh god. Everyone stares as Taehyung carries me through the hallways.

Y/N- Okay! You've proven your point! Put me down! 

Taehyung- What part of "I'm taking you home" did you not understand?

Y/N- Are you seriously going to put me through this?

Taehyung- Not just now. Everytime you put yourself in danger. No more complaints? Good. Let's just get out of here. This place gives me the creeps.

Y/N- At least let me grab my notes.

Taehyung- Which ones?

I point towards Professor Anita's notes, and he goes back to pick them up with his free hand.

Taehyung- Get in the car.

Gently, he lowers me to the ground, and as soon as my heels connect, I turn away from him.

Y/N- I'd rather go on foot.

Taehyung- I heard they found a body last night. Near the place we had encounter with the monster.

A cold fear rushes all over me. Without a word, I enter his car and make sure I tie seatbelt extra aggressively.

Y/N- Let's go.

I refused to talk to Taehyung during the entire trip back home.

Taehyung- Will you at least tell me what happened this morning?