Chapter 17- The plan

The smell of bacon and eggs sizzling in a hot pan fills my kitchen.

Y/N- Thanks for volunteering to make breakfast, Jungkook.

Jungkook- No problem at all.

I wrap my fingers over a hot cup of coffee and stare at Jungkook's back. How am I going to tell him we suspect Seokjin?

Taehyung- You two left me on a cliffhanger last night. Mind explaining why we needed an emergency meeting?

Jimin- We've made a discovery we felt we needed to share with you, in order to make a plan with action.

He begins explaining what happened the day before, leaving out what happened in the copy room.

Taehyung- Reanimating dead cells? What does that even mean?

Jungkook- Zombies. It means zombies.

Jimin- Now, let's not be rash. It's not as simple as that. 

Y/N- Jimin is right. What it means is that the Angello virus can be mutated to reanimate the corpse it leaves, I guess?

Jungkook- In what world does that not mean zombies?

Jimin- We don't know that it means zombies. Not precisely.

Taehyung- Our monster pal sure looked like a zombie.

Jimin- Indeed. But we can't claim that it is one without evidence.

Jungkook- What kind of evidence are we looking for?

Y/N- The rebirth catalyst.

Taehyung- The what?

Jimin- It's supposed to be something that starts the process of mutation in the victims of the Angello virus.

Y/N- The report we found described it as a liquid. If it exists, it could have been what created the monster that killed those girls.

Jungkook- Are you sure it was a real report? I mean...it could have been a mockup project or something. Or just a joke.

Jimin- It's possible. That's why we can't act yet.

Taehyung- Real or not...that thing is getting a bullet right to the head the next time I see it.

He points his fingers at an imaginary poster, as if he was taking a shot.

Taehyung- Boom.

It would be a relief if it turned out it was just a mockup.

Y/N- Look, Jungkook....there's something we have to tell you.

Jungkook doesn't reply.

Y/N- Jungkook?

Jungkook- I...I think I know what you're going to say.

Jimin- What do you mean?

Jungkook- It doesn't matter. Please, go on.

Y/N- Of course it matters, Jungkook. If you know anything, please...

Jungkook- I don't know how important it is. It's just something I've been thinking about since you mentioned reanimation.

Jimin- Does it have something to do with Seokjin?

Jungkook- How did you...

Y/N- We...we think Seokjin was the one who wrote the report.

Jungkook- There's something I need to tell you about Seokjin. I didn't think it was relevant before, but now I've known him for a long time. He's my best friend. This is why I know that, ever since he was in high school, he was obsessed with the idea of necromancy. He was either the necromancer or one of the undead in every videogame we played together. He's been talking about death magic ever since.