Chapter 3- Monster

???- PLEASE! NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!!

Y/N- Where are you? I'm coming!

What am I going to do?! I should call the police!

???- NO, NO!! AAAHH!! AHHGG...!

I freeze in place, waiting, my stomach twisting and turning, red flags dancing in front of my eyes. Run, run, girl before it's too late. The voice at the edge of my consciousness already knows that something really bad happened, but my scientist mind still wants to know what.

A stained glass door, secured with and electronic lock, prevents me from moving forward. Luckily, I know the code.

On the other side, where the hallway forks, I see a man hunching over something piled on the floor. It looks like he's rummaging through something? Are those...shoes?

Y/N- Wait...no...

He's definitely hunching over a woman! Was she the one who screamed?

Y/N- I she alive? Get away from here!

Courage, Y/N!

Y/N- I've called the cops! You're not going to get away with this!

He's not answering...what's going on?

Y/N- Hey! I'm talking to you! Turn around or I'll--

I shouldn't have said anything. In fact, I shouldn't have come looking. I should have stayed at the lab, and pretended I never heard a sound.

 When the man turns to look at me, he reveals what he was rummaging through. It's one of my colleagues, a girl I knew from class. Her throat and stomach are cut open, her eyes wide and unblinking, face and clothes smeared with blood. Her blood. 

And when the man turns to me, his eyes were empty and blue just like hers. His face is painted with the same crimson as her neck. A fanged mouth twists the human-like face, clumps of blood and flesh dripping from the tip of those fangs.

HE WAS EATING HER.

RUN!

The monster snarls as I try to escape. I push the LOCK and close the stained glass door. This can't be happening! I must have fallen asleep behind my desk! The monster shuffles towards the door as it closes.

Y/N- That's right...I'm dreaming...there's no monster, and nobody is dead behind the door...I just need to wake up.

The monster growls behind the door and I realize that the thin glass sheet won't hold it for too long.

Y/N- I need to get out of this place!

Panic takes over me as I run through the hallways not sure where I am...nor where I'm going.

Y/N- Why is no one there? Someone help me! Please!

Why bother? I must be dreaming. I turn around and see the monster right behind me. With every must of courage I could gather, I try. I turn around and watch as the hideous thing drags its body towards me.

Y/N-...You!---You don't exist! Go away! Do you hear me?! I'm not afraid of you! 

Screw this.

Y/N- HELP! PLEASE, I NEED HELP! I---hmmff

My screams echo in the hallway as someone puts a hand over my mouth and pulls me away.

Jimin- Shhh, it's me. Calm down, what's going on?

Y/N- The---monster! He killed her!

Jimin- What monster?

I turn around but the hallway is empty. The monster is gone.