Chapter 21- The rebirth catalyst

I try to fight off the dread crawling into my veins and analyze the situation before me. It's all my fault...the cleaing lady must have been infected with the Angello virus, and she got exposed to the Rebirth catalyst when she found my shirt in the garage.

Y/N- I'm so sorry...

Lady- Help...me...

Her words make me freeze in place. Could...could she still be alive? The woman slowly approaches, repeating the same two words over and over again.

Y/N- Stop, please! I don't know how to help you!

Lady- Heelp....AAAHHH!!

She throws herself at me, and I realize it's too late to escape. I echo her scream, shielding my face with my arms.

Jungkook- Y/N, duck!

Instead of that, I fall backwards. Jungkook leaps in front of me, wielding a baseball bat. He slams it on the lady's head, breaking one of her fangs and making her stagger. 

So much blood...another hit to the head sends the corpse to the ground, while Jungkook continues to bash it until she stops twitching. He then turns towards me, covered in tiny specks of blood.

Jungkook- Are you okay?! Did she bite you?!

Y/N I'm okay. Just shaken. You?

Jungkook- I went to the gym to get my bat in case...well, in case Jin really was a necromancer. All of a sudden there were screams, and I couldn't believe my eyes. So many monsters!

He helps me up, his eyes wide with the terror he's experienced. I forgot he hasn't encountered the monster before...poor Jungkook. I wish he didn't have to go through this.

Y/N- We need to find Jimin and Taehyung.

Jungkook- I can't, Y/N. I need to find Seokjin first.

Y/N- I know you're worried about him, but Jimin and Taehyung are in greater danger!

Jungkook- I know that! I just...I can't abandon Seokjin to go look for them. Taehyung has a gun. Jimin is safe with him.

Y/N- We don't know that!

Jungkook - I'm sorry, Y/N. I can't go with you.

Y/N- Okay. I understand. Good luck, Jungkook

Jungkook hesitates, just when it seems he's about to say goodbye, a horrifying mass of foaming mouths and uncoordinated limbs stumbling in the hallway interrupts him. 

Jungkook- I'll hold them off. Run!

Y/N- I'm done letting others fight my battles. I'm not leaving until we win.

Jungkook- We might not win against so many of them. 

Y/N-T=hen I'm sure as hell not letting you die alone.

Jungkook smiles, his eyes melting with something that could be pride.

Jungkook- You're going to need this, then.

Tiny trickles of blood flow down his bat as he passs it to me. This is the blood of out colleagues...no. This is the blood of monsters.

Y/N- What about you?

Jungkook- Don't worry about me. I'm much more dangerous without a weapon.

Y/N- Wait! I'll never forgive myself if you get bit.

Jungkook- I better be careful, then.

I nod, ready to avenge the blood of my fallen colleagues, even if they wouldn't do the same for me.