Chapter 24- Safe?

The rest of the students lock the lab door behind us. Jungkook lifts his bloody bat, and Taehyung stared down his gun.

Taehyung- Looks clear.

Jungkook- Don't be fooled. They know which way we went. They must be expecting us.

Taehyung- What do we do?

Jungkook- We don't have to go back that way.

Y/N- He's right. If we continue down this hallway, we can reach another emergency exit, only...

Jungkook- Only it goes down into the garage. Who knows what might await us in that open space.

Taehyung- So we make a choice. Two human beings with flamethrowers, or a garage that might be full of zombies. What do we do?

Y/N- Well...two men between us and the elevator sounds better than a horde of zombies...

Jungkook- But Y/N, they're just men...probably military too.

Taehyung- Are you worried we'll get in trouble?

Jungkook- We can't just kill people! What of they have families too?

Taehyung- They sure as hell didn't seem to think. "We can't just kill innocent college students! Their parents might mourn them!".

Y/N- He's right. You saw it yourself, Jungkook. They won't hesitate to kill is if given the chance.

I ahte myself for thinking this way. I never thought there would come a day I'm forced to choose between my survival and another person's life.

Jungkook- I'll come with you, but...we aren't killing anyone unless we absolutely have to. Otherwise, we're no different than Seokjin.

He's right...what was I thinking?

We move into the hallway but to our surprise, we find only one guy waiting for us. The other must have gone to get back up. Now is our chance!

Taehyung points his gun at him, but before he can do anything, Jungkook yells and runs straight towards the man.

Y/N- Jungkook, no!

Right before he reaches the man, Jungkook jumps and pushes himself off a walk, kicking him in the head. His helmet falls off, revealing the face of a middle aged man with a bloody, broken nose.

 What is he doing?! Instead of attacking Jungkook, the man pulls out a gun and shoots himself in the head.

Blood and brains spill all over the floor.

Taehyung- Geez! Don't look, Y/N! Jungkook!

Jungkook- I'm right behind you, go!

We finally make it to the safety of the elevator. As soon as the door closed, I breathe out a sigh of relief.

Y/N- What the hell was that?!

Jungkook- I'm not sure what to say at this point. This day could not get any worse.

Taehyung- I'm gonna have to prove you wrong. I just checked, and I'm all out of bullets.

Jungkook swears under his breath.

Jungkook- Well, let's just hope that there's no undead army waiting for us, when we get into the secret lab.

I enter the code, a coldness creeping through my body. What if the monster is still down there?...It doesn't matter. I'll fight whichever horror awaits if it means finding Jimin.

The elevator door opens. The narrow hallway ends in complete darkness, an image that makes my knees turn into glass.

Jungkook- Which way to the lab?