Chapter 15- A new lab

Seokjin- Shall we?

We follow Seokjin into the elevator, when he presses a few buttons, like he's entering a code. Two, two, five, seven, one, nine...the elevator door closes, and we start descending.

Y/N- How deep is this new lab?

Seokjin- It's just beneath the basement level.

Jimin- I wasn't aware there was something beneath the basement.

Seokjin- It's not in any plans, and the space hasn't been used for some time.

Behind Seokjin's back, Jimin gives me a significant look.

Seokjin- It's a remnant of a past military base. Some parts of it have been sealed off because they are unsafe, but if you stay in the areas that the lab uses, you'll be perfectly fine.

The elevator door opens into a dark, narrow corridor. I can fell my blood running cold...the memories of the monster rush into my mind, and suddenly I imagine myself being attacked in that tiny space, unable to go anywhere but forward into the darkness...for how long?

Jimin- Y/N? Are you okay?

His voice pulls me out of my thoughts, and only then do I notice I've huddled close to him.

Y/N- I 'm a little claustrophobic.

Seokjin- That might be a problem down here. This place wasn't vuilt to be comfortable.

My pulse thunders, and it feels like I'm running out of breath.

Y/N- I just need to get used to it. That's all.

Out of nowhere, Jimin's fingers find mine, and he lightly squeezes my hand. The gesture is brief and remains unnoticed in the dark hallway, but it leaves me calmer. Should I say something? Somehow I think he's rather act like it didn't happen...Thank you Jimin.

We arrived at a large reinforced door locked with another code. I memorized that one too, and I notice Jimin doing the same.

Seokjin- Here we are. Welcome to Angello lab!

The door opens, and inside, we find something completely different that the corridor we came through. I've never seen anything like this! We enter a large, well-lit room filled with huge machines, some of which I'm familiar with. However, I've never seen most of these devices , nor could I guess their purpose.

Jimin- This is...

Seokjin- Incredible?

Jimin- I was going to say expensive.

Seokjin- Ah, yes. Well, the professor is an influential man. Investors were tripping over each other for an opportunity to support his work. Oh, and one more thing. Staying in the lab after 5pm is prohibited, and you will be searched everytime you leave. No exceptions. Nothing leaves the lab. You'll have to sign a non-disclosure agreement too. Come on, let me introduce you to our team.

We spend the rest of the day talking to the other three researchers in the lab and getting familiar with the machines. As it turns out, the duties we were given were those nobody else wanted.

A few days pass, and day in and day out, we're given more and more work. 

Y/N- We're the assistants of assistants. Scratch that, we're slaves. I could be working on a vaccine up there instead of scrubbing this...what is this, even?

Jimin- Patience, Y/N. Everything in it's time.

Y/N- Are you just acting wise because you actually don't know what this is?