Chapter 5- Suspicious

I better get ready and go to the lab.

*UNIVERSITY*

What's going on here...? Police cars are parked in front of the University, and it looks like nobody is allowed to enter. Oh dear, they still came to investigate. Even tho I said it was a prank call.

Jimin- Hello Y/N.

Y/N- Jimin! What's going on? Why are the police here?

Jimin- Someone made a report about the murder that happened here last night. Was it you?

Y/N- It was me.

Jimin shakes his head.

Y/N- I know, I shouldn't have. I'm sorry, I told them it was a prank call, but--

Jimin- It's alright. I'm just a little disappointed. I didn't think a prudent and thorough researcher like you would rush like that.

Y/N- Jimin, I thought I was doing the right thing...

Jimin- It doesn't matter now. They probably hid the evidence by now, so the police won't find anything.

Wait...what?

Y/N- I thought you believed it was a prank..."They probably hid the evidence"...What evidence?

Jimin- I, uh...I mean, look. I'm not sure what's going on, and until I am, I think it's in our best interest to stay quite.

Y/N- You're being really suspicious, you know?

Jimin- What do you mean?

Y/N- Y ou seem you really want me to stay quite even though you're not sure it was just a prank yourself. Why?

Jimin- You think I had something to do with this?

Y/N- I didn't say that. I just want to understand. What are you hiding from me?

Jimin-...Alright. I know that something is going on, but I'm not sure what. I'm already involved in something that could be dangerous, and I don't want to bring you into that.

Y/N- I understand. I won't make you tell me if you don't want to. I just want you to know you can trust me.

Jimin- It's not about trusting you, Y/N. I'm just not sure, what exactly I discovered and I don't want to expose you to danger before I am.

Y/N- I can handle myself.

Jimin- If you're sure. Perhaps I could use another set of eyes on this. Let's go somewhere we can talk privately.

*AT THE PARK*

Jimin- D you remember Ms.Greene?

Y/N- The accountant who killed herself two months ago?

Jimin- Yes. Right before she died, my mentor sent me to deliver some receipts to her. She wasn't in her office, but there were papers and notes underlined in red all over her desk. I was curious. Strictly and academically.

Y/N- What did it say?

Jimin- There were question marks everywhere and the notes just said "It doesn't add up". That's it. They said she jumped, but I suspect there's more to the story than that.

Y/N- You think she was killed? But why?

Jimin- I don't know. My best guess is she found out that someone was using the University's funds for unethical research and she was killed for poking around...but it's just a guess. And I can't do anything based on a guess.

Y/N- Of course not. That's a serious accusation, Jimin. And if it's true, it puts you in danger too.

Jimin- That's why. I don't want to involve you. If my assumption is correct and if they went so far as to murder someone...