Chapter 4- Safe for now

The cheerful elevator music feels almost ironic in comparison to what we've just been through.

Jimin- What the hell were you thinking?!

Y/N- What was I supposed to do?!

Jimin- Run away like I told you to! You could have been hurt, or worse! I...suppose I should thank you.

Y/N- You're welcome. What...do you think it was?

Jimin shakes his head.

Jimin- It could have been a cruel joke. Maybe it was a dangerous criminal. We don't have any evidence to think either way. I don't think it would have been a good idea to stay and find out. Are you okay?

Y/N- Not really. 

Jimin- I really appreciated that you came back to save me, Y/N. I owe you one.

Y/N- I wouldn't be able to live myself otherwise.

Jimin- Thank you. Really.

Y/N- Don't mention it.

Jimin- Come on. My car is over here.

Y/N- Do you want me to drive?

Jimin- No, I'm fine. Let's just get out of here.

He's back to his usual cold facade, but he seems shaken...who couldn't be? Fifteen minutes later, Jimin parks his car in front of my house.

Jimin- Listen, Y/N. I donn't think we should tell anyone about what we saw.

Y/N- What? Jimin, that girl was dead! I saw it with my own eyes!

Jimin- Oue senses tend to betray us in stressful situations. Think about it logically. If you told the police what you saw, how would you back it up?

Y/N- Enlighten me. What do you think happened?

Jimin- As I said, we can't be sure without more evidence. For now, the most plausible theory is that someone knew you'd be working late, and they wanted to scare you.

Y/N- I..I guess that makes more sense.

Jimin- If we make that assumption, then the dead girl you thought you saw was probably in on it.

Y/N- But it looked so real!

Jimin- You're a scientist, Y/N. I know you're scared, but try to look at it from a logical perspective. What is more likely: monsters existing or someone pulling a prank on you?

He's right. It should have crossed my mind. Still...those dead eyes and that horrible stench...it couldn't have been faked...could it?

Y/N- I suppose we'll be all over social media tomorrow.  God, I'm so embarrassed.

Jimin shrugs.

Jimin- Try not to think about it too much. You should rest.

Y/N- Right. Thank you for driving me home.

Jimin- No problem. Call me if you need anything.

Y/N- Will do. Goodnight Jimin.

I wave Jimin goodbye, but I stayed in the sidewalk, trying to collect my thoughts. How am I supposed to sleep now...? The soind of footsteps interrupts my thoughts. 

???- Good evening, miss Y/N.

Damn it. I turn towards my house and start walking.

Y/N- Goodnight, Taehyung.

Taehyung- Not so fast.

Y/N- Ehh?!

Taehyung picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.