chapter 32

y/n's pov:

when i woke up the next morning something felt different. i opened my eyes slowly adjusting to the bright light coming through the window. it was only once they focused that i was asleep on mattheo. his arm was around my waist with his other hand placed gently on my thigh. my first instinct was to get up but for some reason i couldn't bring myself to do it.

his arms were warm and strong. safe in a way. when he slept he looked as if he could never do a thing wrong, and maybe he couldn't. and for a split second i wanted to forget every single reason that we shouldn't be together.

but that was just a fantasy and i'm not that lucky.

i carefully tried to slip out of his arms without waking him, although it was harder than i'd anticipated. somehow i managed to without him waking.

i ran all the way to my dorm, closing the door behind me and crawling into bed. maybe if i did that i could act like that's where id been the whole time and that split second never actually happened.

i checked the clock on the wall. 9:17. okay. there was no way i was going to be able to get back to sleep now. but also i'd go insane if i just sat here with my thought any longer so i pulled on a workout set again and took the long way out of the common room to avoid mattheo.

the air was getting colder but still no wind. there were now a few people sitting around the grounds reading or doing school work. honestly i could get used to there being so few people here. sort of like roommates but obviously in a huge castle to the point i actually never have to interact with them. well most of them anyway.

i'll never get used to how big these grounds actually are. they really should build a pool. i know there's the lake but come on a pool would just be so much more hygienic. although with this many students it's probably be worse.

i was brought back to reality when i noticed mattheo sat on the steps to the castle, smoking a cigarette.

"y/n" he said with a nod, "since when did you run?"

"since im here alone with nothing to do" i shrugged, taking the cigarette from him and stepping it into the dirt.

"not sure i deserved that" he said, while just watching it happen.

"trust me you did" i nodded, walking up the steps past him as if he were never there.

i didn't want to be so angry with him but i couldn't help it. and the fact he is acting like we should just forget it and be friends is making me so much more annoyed with him.

i walked round the corner into one of the corridors and leant against the wall, letting out a sigh.

the next thing i knew, he turned the exact same corner and was now face to face with me. his hand was pressed flat against the wall. our eyes were locked. his jaw clenched and he took a deep breath through his nose, while his hand made its way onto my waist.

i glanced down at his lips, then back to his eyes, pulling the collar of his shirt gently until our lips were millimetres apart.

"screw you riddle" i whispered against his lips before walking away without a second glance.

mattheo's pov:

what the actual fuck? i get she's mad but this is another level of crazy. i watched as she turned the next corner, clearly going back to the dorms. i turned back around and sat down on the steps again.

i wonder if she's doing this because she likes the idea of being in control or she's just trying to torture me. either way it's working.

while thinking i didn't realise i was chewing on my bottom lip until the faint taste of blood hit my tongue. i winched realising how deep i'd accidentally bitten down.

i tried to keep the blood from falling onto my clothes but i gave up pretty quickly.

i wandered through the common room and up the stairs to my dorm but just as i was passing y/n's dorm her door opened and she stepped out. both of us again accidentally face to face.

"jesus mattheo what the hell happened to you?" she frowned, wiping blood from my lip with her thumb.

even the feeling of her thumb on my lip made me go absolutely insane "give it a rest y/n" i mumbled, shaking her off and stepping away.

"excuse me" she frowned.

"what? seriously what do you want from me?" i snapped, stepping towards her.

she stepped as well her back hitting the wall. "what? nothing. i was literally just asking i wasn't going to pretend that i didn't hate you"

her eyes looked aggressively into mine, "do you really hate me?" i asked, stepping slightly closer, raising my eyebrows at her, curious as to whether or not she was finally going to be honest. her eyes fluttered between mine and then down to my lips.

and just like that time stopped, as her hands slid onto the back of my neck, pulling me against her lips. my hands went straight to her waist lifting her onto mine. her legs wrapped around me and her hands ran through my hair. the kiss was aggressive, passionate. i carried her into her dorm and pressed her back against the wall.

"y/n i-" i whispered between kisses.

"don't talk" she shook her head, pulling her shirt off and pressing her lips back on mine. finally having her hands back on my body felt amazing. she pulled off my t-shirt, her fingers grazing down over my torso until they were at the bottom of my waist. my hands were holding her waist tightly, holding her as close to me as physically possible. the faint taste of blood from my lip was still noticeable but somehow i managed to forget it. i forgot everything honestly. everything except her, her hands on my cheek, her lips on mine, the familiar smell of her perfume and just like that every single memory of her came flooding back. i couldn't help it. all i could think to do that would help is stop. but that's the one thing i don't think either of us could bring ourselves to do.

my hands went down to her hips, turning her around so she was facing and pressed against the wall whilst still keeping our lips interlocked. i slowly moved my hand down in between her thighs, pushing her underwear to one side and pushing two fingers inside her. she let out a soft gasp against my lips. she pressed her head against the wall, breathing heavily as i slowly moved my fingers in and out, and pressed my lips against her neck. she let out another moan, whispering, "yes, just like that" against the wall. the sound of her voice like that again could easily send me into a crippling insanity. moments later she tapped my hand away and turned around pulling my lips back to hers. i lifted her onto my waist and took a few steps back until i could sit on her bed. she wasted no time at all, slipping down my sweatpants and lowering herself onto me. i groaned against her skin, kissing her neck passionately while one hand held her cheek and the other unclasped her bra from her back. she seemed to completely melt into my touch. any animosity was simply gone for now. her lips were slightly parted and her head tilted back. ughhh i have missed this. as soon as she began moving her hips up and down i knew any and whatever selfish reasons i had for giving in to this didn't matter, i mean no one in their right mind would pass this up. actually no one in any mind would pass this up. i tilted her head down, so our lips were mere millimetres apart, her eyes flickered between my eyes as our lips grazed each others every so often. i could tell i was close, as was she. she closed her eyes and pressed her forehead gently against mine, her hands gripping tightly onto my shoulders as she pushed herself down hard and deep. i let out a groan as every inch of me was inside her. she pressed her head against my shoulder, breathing heavily. i lay back, still holding her in my arms as we both caught our breath. "you okay?" i whispered, brushing her hair away from her face. 

"yeah" she nodded with a laugh, "i'm good." 

"good" i nodded, looking back up at the ceiling. i could feel her eyes stay on me but i tired not to look back, scared it'd freak her out and she'd make me leave. 

"so do you wanna stay over?" she whispered, like she was reading my mind. 

i raised my eye brows in shock that she was finally being nice. "yeah" i nodded, "i'll stay over"