chapter 25

y/n's POV:

the next day was Friday, thank god. i only has two lessons plus a study period but that doesn't count.

Talía woke me up in the morning, weird i didn't even remember going back to bed.

"come on get up" she groaned, pulling my duvet of and into the floor.

"what is wrong with you?" i groaned burying my face in my pillow, "ughhhhh"

"get up get up get up." she grinned jumping on top of me. "we have class"

"since when did you care about class" i groaned.

"since we were doing something good in it."she grinned. "now come on" i had forgotten that today we were doing some secret lesson thing in defence against the dark arts, all we were told was to wear something comfortable that we can move in.

begrudgingly, i got ready and let her drag me through the crowded corridors

begrudgingly, i got ready and let her drag me through the crowded corridors. for the first time ever we were the first people in class. profesor lupin was moving tables and chair to one side with a woman i didn't recognise. she had straight black hair, that's was pulled tightly into a ponytail, her lips were a dark red colour and she was wearing a black unitard. god she was so cool.

"y/n, talia." he smiled with a nod, "you're both early, how odd. yet lucky, would you mind pulling over that mat" he gestured towards a pile of blue mats in the corner.

talía, still incredibly excited, ran over and began dragging it to the middle of the room while i helped despite being still half asleep.

the rest of the class arrived pretty quickly after that, well not all of them.

"so for last few weeks of the term Madame de luca will be teaching you all the art of physical combat. now it's all well and good learning how to defend yourselves with magic, but the real challenge comes when you cannot access that magic. so i shall put you all in pairs and those pairs will be unchanged once made."

i leant against the wall on the far side of the room watching as people were paired up. when he eventually got to me there was no one left without a pair since the class had an odd number due to a certain absent.

i was about to say i didn't mind taking an observational role since i was to tired to do any of this to be honest, but before i could the door swung open and in walked none other than mattheo.

"ahh perfect, mattheo you shall be y/n's partner, she can explain what we're doing" of course it was him. i mean who else would it have been in a class of 40 people i had to be paired with him.

he froze in his place, like he was debating wether to just turn around and walk out. but i'm not that lucky. instead he walked over avoiding my eyes and just stood beside me.

Talía and Blaise shot me a look as if to say 'good luck.'

"now we will starts simple and go from there." madame de luca announced. "right i need two people" she said, snapping her fingers twice.

Talía stuck her hand straight up, forcing Blaise to as-well. they were nodded towards the mat when madame de luca talked them through it.

"i haven't seen you in a while" came a whisper from beside me. i kept my attention in front of us, ignoring him.

"okay that's enough, now the rest of you try that and i'll help those who need it" she announced, her look was cold, fierce. badass as fuck.

mattheo and i stood on a section of the mat. "so you stopped coming to class" i said making small talk since i would rather die than do this in silence.

"yeah," he shrugged, "i'm going again now though so it's whatever" he looked tired, but not in a pathetic way in like a rough sexy kind of way. i mean we didn't end things and become blind, i can still say that.

"hey i wasn't paying attention at all do you know how to do this?" he asked, glancing around the room at other people.

"yeah it's fine i'll show you" i nodded, pulling one of his hands onto my waist and the other on my shoulder.

"so i- just for the record i think it's for the best that we ended things." he said out of nowhere.

i thought for a moment "oh?"

"yeah" he shrugged as if that was a complete normal comment to just throw out there that didn't make him seem like an absolute dick.

"yeah i agree" i nodded, looking into his eyes finally. a second passed maybe two. then i thought screw him. i knocked his hand of my shoulder, knocking him forward just enough to push my foot on his thigh and lifted my other leg onto his shoulder. the two of us landed against the mat dramatically making everyone gasp. he was completely trapped between my thighs, one hand forced against the floor so he was unable to get out.

"enough" madame de luca's voice snapped, suddenly stood in front of us. i let him go and he leant back, breathing heavily, and looking at me in shock. i think. "did i not say we were starting with the basics?" she snapped.

i flicked my hair behind me shoulder, trying not to say anything that would get me in any more trouble.

"but merlin was that impressive." she grinned, "maybe i underestimated some of you" whilst offering her hand to help me up.

i took it hesitantly and got to me feet. as she walked away talia let out a laugh, before quickly clasping her hand over her mouth in attempt to stifle it.

"not going to offer me a hand then?" mattheo asked, leaning back on his hands.

"why? i didn't break anything" i shrugged, ignoring his gaze as i walked away.

the rest of the class was spent sat on one of the tables watching blaise and talía try to tackle each other, whilst simultaneously ignoring mattheo's constant glances over in my direction from the other side of the room.

"hey y/n how did you know how to do that?" talía asked.

"yeah that was crazy." blaise laughed, wrapping an arm over her shoulder.

"y'know i moved around a lot, i met loads of cool people." i shrugged.

"that's so not an answer" she said with a laugh.

"ooooo y/n has a secret" blaise said sarcastically.