chapter 30

y/n's pov:

the next morning i ended up waking up early anyway. talía jumped on my bed when she noticed i was awake, "thank god, our good bye yesterday was so anticlimactic" she laughed pulling me into a tight hug just as blaise came into our room.

"morning to you both too" he laughed, dragging his bag behind him.

"morning" i whispered since i was being slowly suffocated by talia.

"come on let her breath" blaise said coming to my rescue.

"no." talia whispered, "maybe it'll convince her to come with us"

"nope i think she'd rather die" he grinned.

"fine." she groaned, letting me go, "we should probably go now then"

"mhm" blaise nodded, collapsing on top of both of us in a big hug.

"jesus christ" i laughed, getting suffocated again by both of them this time.

"bye" blaise grinned, getting up and pulling talia with him. she blew me a kiss before they both left.

as soon as they did everything felt so much quieter, like they took everything with them. i lay back in bed staring at the ceiling but there was no way i was getting back to sleep now.

i got up, making my bed, which i never usually do, and took a shower. once i was out i flicked through the record that talía had left here placing one on the record player, turning the volume up full to drown out the mind numbing silence.

talía music taste was just a lot of rock, but it's what she'd play whatever her mood was. angry, happy, sad, she'd put on music and somehow it always worked for her.

i lay down on my front on the bed, tapping my fingers against the floor along with the song.

then a muffled knock on the door caught my attention, i turned the volume down and opened the door.

mattheo was stood there in a dark green t-shirt and black joggers. "hey" he said when i opened the door, his eyes lighting up slightly, "i just thought i'd come and get the notes, save you a trip later"

"you live like 20 steps away" i frowned.

he nodded, "yes i do but y'know 20 steps is a lot when you think about it"

"no it's really not" i shook my head, opening the door and gesturing for him to come inside anyway. while i sorted through my notes to find the ones he needed. "i have no idea why snape thinks you need mine of all peoples but if any of it doesn't make sense you can come ask me" i said handing him the notes.

"so probably all of it then" he grinned, taking the notes from me.

"exactly" i nodded, trying to hide a smile. he's not funny.

his eyes glanced over my face, like he was trying to take an updated mental photo. "okay then" he nodded, stepping back to the door before quickly turning around. "actually you're probably bored now that everyone else is gone, did you wanna hang out or something, we could go into town get lunch?" he asked, his fingers tapping awkwardly against his leg.

"what makes you think i'm bored?" i frowned, sitting back on my bed.

"well you're listening to talia music and you made your bed so i can only assume you have literally nothing to do" he said with a small smile curving in his lips.

i had sort of forgotten how well he knows me. "right" i nodded, not really knowing what to say. i wasn't used to people noticing little details like that before. but i guess is anyone used to that? "well i'm not that bored yet, but i'll come find you when i am"

he didn't say anything, only gave a small nod and a wider smile sneaking onto his lips before he slipped out, closing the door behind him.

ughhh i'm so bored. there was nothing else to do so i put on some black leggings and a sports bra and decided to go for a run. the weirdest things happen when people get bored.

the castle grounds were so empty, and it was freezing. after about 30 minutes i was so exhausted so i lay down on the grass. the air was cold but there was no wind so it was actually quite refreshing. after a minute or two i decided to go back to my dorm.