Chapter 21

Y/N'S POV

when i woke up the next morning mattheo was still asleep. i couldn't get back to sleep so i got out of bed, brushed my teeth and took a shower. when i got out he was still fast asleep so i decided to grab some clothes from my dorm since i had very few left in mattheo's dorm.

my hair was wet and i was wearing baggy grey sweatpants and a black lace bra. i thought since it was so early i'd avoid running into anyone in the 40 second journey it takes to get from his dorm to mine.

however as i went down the stairs i ran into theo. "morning" i smiled kindly at him.

"hey" he nodded, he took a couple of steps away before turning slightly, "hey Y/N, as your friend i think you should be careful" he paused, noticing my confused expression, "with mattheo i mean"

"and by that you mean?" i asked, taking a step towards him.

"he's dangerous. and well not a nice guy. you just deserve better that's all"

i bit down on my tough at the side of my mouth to stop myself from saying anything to bad. "are you still saying this as a friend?" i asked tilting my head slightly to the left. "because it sounds more like you're trying to say you're better than him and i made a mistake stopping our kiss that time."

he looked down at the floor, "no actually i just mean- i- well look at his father. everyone knows that's how he's gonna turn out as well." his eyes lifted to meet mine, his jaw clenching a little.

"right. well thanks for the advice or whatever but i didn't ask for it. plus i think i know him a little better than you so erm fuck off and mind your business" i smiled at him before turning away from him and continuing to my dorm.

i didn't look back to see his reaction. i didn't want to. what the fuck why does he feel the need to get involved? dickhead.

i know mattheo is nothing like his father. i know that. do i? yes. maybe.

i pushed open the door gently in case talia was still asleep which she wasn't. "morning" she smiled. "morning" i replied, trying not to look annoyed so she wouldn't as questions.

"watcha doing?" she asked.

"just grabbing some clothes, i couldn't get back to sleep so i thought i might as well."

she did an awkward smile, and sarcastically said "right"

i frowned at her a little, "what's that supposed to mean?" i asked.

she paused, as if she was holding something back, "nothing" she finally mumbled before laying back down.

"right" i said, copying her sarcastic tone. "i'll see you later", avoiding her direction. and walking back out carrying some clothes.

once i was back in mattheo's dorm a placed my clothes in a pile in an empty corner of his floor and climbed back into bed. he was half awake now, "you're freezing" he whispered against my forehead, pulling me closer to him. "oh right my hairs still wet sorry" i said sitting up.

he pulled me back to him "don't go. i don't mind" we lay there for a while, melting into each other. it was comforting, yet i couldn't stop thinking about talia and theo. why were they suddenly acting so weird? "watcha thinking about?" mattheo asked, pulling himself away from me just enough so that he could actually see my face.

"nothing" i smiled weakly, placing a gentle kiss on his lips.

"i don't believe you" he whispered, pulling my towards him once again. i traced small patterns over his chest with my fingertips for a while. "you know you're not going to end up like your father right?" i asked. i had no idea if i was asking this to comfort myself or him but either way it felt right to say it.

he didn't move but i could tell he was confused by my random question. "that was random" he laughed.

i pushed myself up so could actually look at him. "i'm serious" i said, looking into his eyes.

he didn't say anything. "because i need to know you don't think you're going to end up anything like him"

he still didn't say anything. "are you asking for me or for you?" he asked, not breaking eye contact.

"both" i shrugged.

"right" he whispered, laying down and looking up at the ceiling. "honestly i don't know. i mean i hope not obviously but at the same time there are obvious similarity's that as much as i want to ignore are definitely there."

i sat up and shuffled to face him. i didn't really know what to say. he sat up as well, as to face me. "what brought this on?" he asked.

i looked down, not knowing whether telling him what happened with theo would make him angry or if he'd understand. "hey" he whispered, slipping his hand into mine "you can tell me"

i squeezed his hand slightly. "promise you wont get angry?" i asked.

"promise" i whispered, squeezing my hand back.

"i ran into theo on the way to my dorm and he just said something about it and it kind of stuck. i don't know it was stupid." i explained.

he didn't say anything and his expression was empty, i couldn't tell what he was thinking at all. "mattheo?" i whispered, squeezing his hand again.

"i'm not angry. not with you anyway" he finally said. "and no i wont do anything stupid."

i smiled at him slightly, before gently pulling him into a gentle kiss.