crap day

(Wednesday POV)

I wake up, Enid wasn't by my side.
I sit up and see the door... Zip? Is it really a door? I don't know. The tent was open. "Enid!?" I ask.
I look to see the time on my phone. It's dead.
I get up and go outside the tent. Everyone's tents were here, but they were gone. I see claw marks on them. Shit.
I look around. Goddamnit Tyler, why did you have to turn while I was asleep.
It's not his fault, it's never his fault. But what was he overwhelmed about?
All I see are the trees, I look behind me. Xavier's shack, the door was open.
I go in to see everyone. Tyler was on the floor and they were trying to get him to wake up, he had a blanket over him.
"What happened?" I ask.
"He turned this morning." Yoko says.
"No I know that but how did he get in here?" I ask.
"We pushed him in here and locked him in." She says.
"And you didn't wake me up?" I ask.
"We didn't need to." Xavier says.
"Enid can you go grab his bag." Yoko says to Enid.
"Yup!" Enid says leaving the room.
Tyler opens his eyes and looks around. He looks embarrassed. He sits up.
"Sorry." He says.
"Why is that the first think you say. It's not your fault Tyler." I say.
"It is, If I weren't so weak-"
"It's not being weak. You're not weak Tyler. You just show emotions differently." I say.
He looks up at me.
He smiles a little.
"Well if it's coming from you, I guess I have to believe you." He says.
"Thank Enid, cause if she didn't exist I probably wouldn't have said that." I say.
Enid comes through the door.
She places the bag on the floor.
"We're gonna leave you to get dressed." Yoko says.
We all leave the shack.
I sit down within the circle of tents.
Enid sits next to me.
"I have ideas for more fun for our group, I think we should ask Bianca and Ajax to join." Enid says.
"Soon we'll have the whole school joining." I say.
"No It'll just be a big group." Enid says.
"After those two we aren't adding anyone else. Got it?" Yoko says.
"Fine." She says.

Enid rests her head on my shoulder. I kiss her head. She looks up at me and smiles. I love her. Tyler comes out of the shack. I'm so tired.
Enid notices this.
"Let's pack our tent and we can go back to the dorm and sleep." She says.
"Yes." I say.
I help her fold the tent and bag the sleeping bag. She insisted on carrying the things.
We leave the others and make our way towards the school. I can hear the leaves crinkle and the sticks snap beneath our feet. I feel something hook onto my foot, like someone set out one of those string traps to trip you up. I fall over onto the undergrowth.
I can't be bothered to get back up so I just lay there.
"Oh wens. I know you're tired but we need to get back." Enid says.
I sit up, there was mud on my clothes.
She holds out her hand, I grab it and she helps me up. We stay holding hands and walk to the school.

We get to our dorm, Enid drops all the things into the middle of the room and goes to lay down on her bed.
I grab my pillow off my bed and lay next to her. Enid traps me into a cuddle, hugging me tightly. I enjoy the pressure. I hug her back, falling to sleep in a couple of seconds.

_________________

I wake up to her asleep, I check my phone but it's still dead.
I notice Thing on my desk.
"What time is it Thing?" I ask.
"11am" he signs.
"Thank you." I say.
I want to get up but Enid is still trapping me, I just stay there as to not wake her. I turn and face Thing.
"Can you write some things for me on my type writer." I say. I had recently gotten an idea that I desperately needed to note down.
I give him the idea and he starts typing it down, I watch him as he does so. But I notice something up, the typewriter was on the edge of the desk.
"Wait thing stop." I say. But he doesn't hear me.
"Thing!" I say louder.
The typewriter edges closer and closer to falling.
"Thing stop!!!" I say, but it was too late.
Thing and the typewriter fall onto the floor, trapping Thing underneath. I need to help him before he gets crushed but I'm trapped too.
I carefully try to move Enid's arms, but her goddamn werewolf grip has got me.
I have to wake her up.
"Enid." I say.
"Enid!!!" I yell shaking her.
"What?" She says.
"Let me go!?" I say.
Her grip weakens and I quickly get out of the bed.
I run over to Thing and lift up the typewriter. It slips out of my hands and I drop it on my foot. Luckily for me, I'm a fan of pain. I pick it up and put it on my desk. I grab Thing and place him on my desk too.
"Are you ok?" I ask.
"Yes." He signs.
"What happened?" Enid asks.
"Typewriter fell on Thing." I say.
"Shit, sorry for trapping you." She says.
"It's ok." I check the keys on the typewriter, some of them are jammed and some don't write. I sigh and sit on my chair.
"Wens, are you ok?" Enid asks.
"Yes, just having a stressful day." I say.
"I see that." She says.
"I wish I could help."
"Enid, you're already helping by just being here." I say.
She smiles.
I have these thoughts that I can't stop and stupidly, I say them out loud.
"I don't know what I'd do without you." I say.
She looks surprised.
"You getting emotional Wens?" She says.
"No, never." I say.
"It's ok." She says.
It doesn't feel like it.

"Listen, I'm happy you can show emotion around me. It's not like I'm gonna gaslight you or post a video of you crying on the internet or something. What I want to do is comfort you." She says.
Fuck.
I go over and sit next to her.
"Enid, I don't do this kind of thing but. When I feel my worst I promise I'll come to you for help. I'm fine right now, so I don't need it at the moment." I say. I hate this. I even promised her.
She smiles, she pulls me and traps me into a cuddle again.
"I love you!" She says
"I love you too."

:]
(1145 words)