concert!

(Wednesday POV)

I wake up next to Enid, she was watching TikTok. I move my head onto her shoulder to watch.
"Good morning." She says.
"Morning." I say back.
I look at her face.
"You're always looking at me? Why?" She says, noticing me.
"Because I like looking at you." I say truthfully.
"That's cheesy."
"It may be cheesy but it's true." I say, I feel my face tingle.
"Are you blushing?" She smiles.
"Shut up." I say.
She puts her phone down and sits up, making my head fall. I turn around and rest it in her lap, looking at her face.
"You give a lot of physical attention for someone who hates being touched." She says.
"You have special privileges, and I actually enjoy it for some reason." I say.
She leans closer to me and kisses my forehead.
"I'll be right back." She says, getting up and leaving the room.
I sit on the bed, I feel my face burning.

I turn onto my side and see Thing.
"Stop stalking us." I say, that reminds me of something.
I check my phone. The person has sent a bunch of 'gifs' from the past 7-8 days. All of them in different ways of me dying, it's quite the start to my day. It's like waking up in December and opening your advent calendar, except for me it's short videos of me dying.
"No solving mysteries this week, I've got to just relax for once." I say to myself.
"Is that your stalker?" Thing signs.
"Yes." I say.
Enid comes in with mugs.
"I made you coffee." She says, passing me the mug.
"Thank you" I say, taking a sip. It was bitter, just what I needed.
I drink more.
"I have a plan for tonight." Enid says.
"What is it?" I ask.
"I may have bought tickets to a concert." She says.
"What kind?"
"Harry Styles." She says.
"Have fun." I say, looking through my messages.
"I'm not going alone! I'm bringing you."
"But you know that genre of music isn't my thing." I say.
"But I thought it would be fun, even if it isn't your kind of music." She says, she looks so sad, it makes me feel... Guilty. God what is wrong with me.
I sigh.
"Fine, but if this Harry Styles guy isn't that good, I'm taking you to a classical music concert and I know you find those boring." I say.
"Ok! Also, if there's too many people or if it's too much we don't have to stay. I want you to feel comfortable." She says.

"You wanna listen to some of his songs so you know what it'll sound like when we're there." She says.
"Sure" I say.
We spend most of the day listening to his songs.

"Watermelon sugar sounds like a song about being a drug addict." I say,

(TW. Mention of drugs and cocaine.)

I'm not wrong. I rant on: "The tune may be catchy but if the lyrics say things like 'breath me in', 'i don't know if I could ever go without' and 'watermelon sugar high' it really sounds like the writers got a problem, the chorus literally says 'sugar high'. Now he could mean about eating a lot of sugar that you start to feel like your high, but it also could mean that he's literally doing something that has a sugar texture aka coke. Also the song 'As it was' literally mentions being on pills, there seems to be a pattern."

(TW ENDS HERE)

"You're really passionate about this aren't you? At least you actually listened to them." She says.
"Maybe this guy isn't so bad. I look forward to hearing other songs from him." I say.
"Oh my god, Wednesday Addams likes Harry Styles!"
"I didn't say I likes him, just that maybe he's not a bad writer." I say.
"Thing is coming too, I even bought a ticket for him." She says.
I smile at that a little, at least he's getting involved.
Enid smiles too, she pulls me into her and we fall over into a cuddle. Way stay like this for a while, I'm about to fall asleep until her door opens. We both get up quickly like nothing happened.
"Hey kiddo, me and your mum are gonna go out tonight so have fun at the concert." Her father says.
"Thanks, you guys have fun too." She says.
"Love you."
"Love you dad." She says.
He leaves. I look at Enid and we go back to what we were doing before.

Were about to leave for the concert.
"Wait how will we get there?" I ask.
"Well, we can walk. It's not too far from here." She says.
"Okay." I say.
She locks her door with her key and runs to catch up with me.
I put my hand in hers, she looks at me and then smiles. Thing was on my shoulder. We walk to the concert.

With this concert everyone has a specific seat, good. They'll probably be standing and jumping but at least they won't be moving around and elbowing me in the face. I admit, I'm pretty short. I'm literally up to Enid's nose bridge, but I put up a good fight. We find our seats and sit down, we wait for the concert to start.
"Is this ok for you?" She asks.
"Quite. At least no one can accidentally nudge me." I say.
"Anything to make you comfortable wens." She smiles.
I smile back at her.
The concert starts and Harry Styles comes on stage.
"That was quick." Enid says.
People stand up to see him, to get a good view.
He walks on and starts singing.
The outfits he wears are different to any normal style, I respect him for that.
His first song was 'music for a sushi restaurant.' then 'adore you.' etc.

--------------------------------

We start walking back to Enid's house it was about 10 pm Enid was so tired she was about to pass out, usually I'm the one like that. I sigh.
"Stop for a sec." I say.
"What?" She says.
I pick her up.
"Woah!" She says laughing.
"That was my exact reaction when you picked me up for the first time." I say, smiling.
"Your smile is so cute." Enid says.
"Did you have a good time?" I ask.
"Yeah, it was better with you." She smiles.

When we get back I lock the door and take her upstairs. "Are your parents not back yet?" I ask.
"No, not yet. Otherwise I would have gotten a text." She says.
I lay her down on her bed, I go to leave. She grabs my hand
"Don't go." She says.
"I just need to get changed and I'll be back." I say.
"Ok." She says.
"You can get changed in here if you want, I won't look." She says.
I consider this.
"You better not." I say.
She turns and faces the wall.
I sigh and get clothes out of my bag, I get changed.
"You can look now." She turns back around and stares at the ceiling.
"You not going to sleep?" I ask.
"No. Not until you're here with me." She says.
"Oh hang on, let me just brush my teeth." I say, I do so and then I lay down next to her.
We lay and talk for the rest of the night until we both fall asleep...

(1241 words)