bond

(Wednesday POV)

It was around midnight when we arrived, it had just turned Monday, Just as I had planned. I quietly carry Enid up the stairs and to my room. She was still asleep. I place her on my bed. Lurch brings up her bags. I stand trying to find a place to sleep, I sit at my desk. Thing climbs onto my desk.
He signs.
"No."
"Why? Because it's awkward, only couples share beds, unless her head is at the other end... But we all know why we don't sleep like that."
"Also I need your help with something."

(A few minutes later)

Enid comes out to me on the balcony playing the cello, she kindly waits for me to finish.
"Is that Paint it, Black by the Rolling stones?" She asks.
"Yes." I say.
"I like how you put your all into the cello, I could watch it for hours." She says.
"Well, I do have more covers by famous bands. How do you like Metallica?" I ask.
"Do you play any classical music?"
"Allegro Non Molto."
"What's that?"
"Classical music."
"Wow, that was so detailed."
"Oh, were you expecting me to start playing it."
"Yes actually."
".....ok let me find the sheet music."

I gather it up and place it on the stand. I pick up the instrument and sit down. I take a deep breath, then I start. I see Enid's expressions in the corner of my eye. The speed increases, as do her emotions. I finally end and she just stands there.
I turn to her, waiting for a response.
"Wow, you have.... Talent." She says.
"I'm flattered." I say.
"We should probably go back to bed."
I stand up, bringing my cello inside along with the music stand.
"Do you want me to move on to the floor?" Enid asks.
"Yes." I say.
"But let me make you a bed, hard wood surely wouldn't be comfortable for you."
I do so.
She sits cross legged on the bed that I made.
I sit on my bed and lay down.
"Enid..." I say.
"Yeah?" She asks.
".... If I find a single wolf fur on this bed-"
She starts laughing.
"You won't, it's ok!" She says
"What are we going to be doing all week?"
"I planned a camping trip to the woods by the school tomorrow night, hopefully there won't be any Hyde's to ruin it but just in case, I've got a couple of weapons that need to be used." I try not to smile at that, but Enid notices.
She smiles.
"Won't we get caught?" She asks.
"I've contacted officer Galpin. He said it was fine as long as I don't contact him again." I say.
"Oh."
"Goodnight Enid."
"Night Wednesday" she says.

I sit at my type writer, of course I'm writing. Enid was still asleep. I hear her whine behind me. I turn over to see that, replacing her human ears, were wolf ears. And I could see a tail coming out from under the covers.
She moves and talks in her sleep.
"No.... Wednesday!" She mutters, sounding panicked.
She suddenly sits up, short on breath.
I get up and sit next to her.
"Are you ok?" I ask.
She puts her knees up to her chest and hugs them.
"Nightmare." She says.
"I could tell, you were yelling my name." I say.
She laughs at that slightly.
"No it wasn't like that." She says.
"What was it about." I ask.
"Well, I have these nightmares with scenarios where... I didn't wolf out. And I found you being attacked by Tyler but I couldn't do anything and I watched you get killed." She says.
"Oh."
"Yeah."
"But that didn't happen, so what is there to worry about."
"Because in different universes... I couldn't have been there to save you. Or goody wouldn't have healed you in the crypt. You would have just died."
"But that's in another uni-"
"I know but it still could have happened!"
I look at the floor.
"I wouldn't have been able to wolf out if it weren't for you."
Her ears move down, like a cowering dog.
I slowly lean my head on her shoulder, I could tell I took her by surprise but she didn't stop me.
We sit there for a bit.
She feels her ears.
"I was so panicked that I didn't notice my ears change." She says.
I stop leaning on her and look at them.
"Are they furry?" I ask.
"Yeah... Wanna feel?" She says.
I go to touch them but I hesitate.
"What's up? I don't bite you know."
I sigh, then I feel her ears.
They were soft, nearly softer than velvet.
I hear the door open and I quickly pull my hand away.
"Oh, was I interrupting something?" My Mum asks, standing in the doorway.
"No." I say.
Enid goes red.
"I would have gotten Lurch to bring you breakfast but I wanted to meet your friend, Enid was it?" She asks.
"Yes!" She says.
"It's nice to meet you, Wednesday isn't the making friends type so we're glad she has you."
"I'm glad I have her! It's nice to meet you too Mrs Addams."
She smiles and her tail slowly moves side to side.
"I don't know what you eat so I had Lurch make what you call pancakes." Mum says, handing us plates.
"Have fun." She says, leaving.

"Oh, we will." I say.
"Eat your 'pancake' and then follow me."
"Oh, ok!" Enid says.
When Enid finishes her breakfast we go to Pugsley's room. Thing is on my shoulder. I throw my pancake into the room and hear a smack, I hear Enid stifle a laugh. I look in to see that it hit Pugsley square in the face, now for the finale. I throw a knife at him, he slightly moves and it hits the wall behind him.
"Isn't that dangerous?" Enid whispers.
"This is what we call fun in the Addams household." I say, throwing another knife and then going back to my room. I hear pugsley scream bloody murder as the knife hits him.
I slightly smile at that. Enid stares at me. "You've got that serial killer smile. But it suits you." She says.
"I try not to do it as showing emotion is a sign of weakness, but sometimes I can't help but let it slip when I hear the cries of my victims." I say.
"Emotion isn't a sign of weakness, emotion is just human, outcast and living nature. You can show happiness. crying isn't weak either, it just shows you've been strong for so long. What I envy about you is the fact that you don't give an eff about anything but you should still try to show some emotions, because I like it when you show that you're happy. It makes me happy. And if you show it we can help you if you're upset!"
"I wasn't expecting a whole speech."
I say.
"I'm passionate about these things."
We sit in silence for a minute.
"We should probably get going"...

(Enjoy.)
(1185 words)