Chapter 81

Angie was standing beside Deucalion atop a shipping container, dressed in black leggings, combat boots and one of Jordan's t-shirts that was knotted just under her bra, baring her midriff as they watched Scott and Malia walk in.

One might think that the key to being an alpha was your pack, your power, your abilities. Actually, the only ability that mattered was your ability to make a dramatic entrance.

Scott and Malia were still clueless to their presence as Deucalion handed her his old cane and her face lit up. "Oh, I've always wanted to do this," she grinned as Deucalion smiled and she banged the red end of the cane onto the metal of the shipping container.

They heard the sound and the mumbling of Angie's voice as the two teenagers looked up at them.

"Either of you know the term for what Angie's doing?" Deucalion asked as they stood next to one of the many sets of industrial lights that lit up the shipping yard.

"Echolocation," Scott answered.

"You did your homework," Deucalion announced, somewhat impressed.

"Yeah, I looked a few things up."

"You think you can learn in just one day, what took us years to master?" Deucalion wondered.

"We were hoping for maybe a few highlights," Malia called up.

"Yeah, or anything that can help us fight the Anukite without looking at it," Scott added.

"Ah, but you have to learn to walk before you can learn to fight blind," Angie spoke, her hands resting on the top of Deucalion's cane.

"An orientation and mobility specialist has to practice blindfolded with a white cane for at least 120 hours before becoming certified. I can't teach you to walk and fight in less than 24," Deucalion said and Angie shrugged.

"At least they won't have their eyes actually scratched out," she said, and Deucalion sighed.

"Are you going to make me feel guilty about every single thing I did for those five years?" he asked, and she shrugged again.

"Depends how I feel," she answered with a smirk before Scott's voice drew their attention back to him.

"Look, I know the odds are bad. Gerard's got an army. There's a creature that can scare ordinary people into becoming killers."

"A creature now capable of killing you with just a look," Deucalion added as Angie spun his cane in her hands.

"Might as well be Medusa," she joked.

"So why aren't you people running for your lives?" the former demon wolf asked.

"Because we don't run," Scott answered.

"Now that sounds like an alpha," Deucalion remarked before nodding at Angie who hit the edge of the shipping container again. "Let's get started."

******************************************************************

Part of the reason why Deucalion had given Angie his cane was to keep her entertained and satisfy her ADHD while he explained some of the basics to Scott and Malia. She was half listening to a variation of the same speech he gave her years ago, though this one was watered down.

Deucalion hadn't wanted her to rely on her senses as he had. He wanted her to be able to fight and defend herself without her sight, her listening, her scents. So he took away each one when he taught her to fight without them.

Where Angie had actually been blind when she was learning, Scott and Malia weren't, so all the Anukite really had to do was get them to open their eyes. So, Deucalion simply presented them with regular blindfolds as he explained how he'd first teach them to use echolocation and then thermoception, equilibrioception and then proprioception. Sound, heat, balance and pressure.