Chapter 88

"Evie?! Evie, I'm home. Chloe? Where are my girls?" Jordan called as he walked into his house, throwing down his keys, toeing off his boots and hanging up his utility belt before he went jogging up the stairs. "The Jeep is back at the auto shop and your father took Derek and Eli home," he yelled into the air as he walked into the bedroom that he shared with his wife. They had the master bedroom while Chloe had the next biggest. Theo and Stiles both had claims on two other rooms while the fifth and final one was usually reserved for guests, primarily the Hales. Similarly, Derek had a room in his house reserved for his sister when she came to visit, another for guests and another solely for Angie. "Evie, did you talk to Chloe yet? I can talk to her at dinner if you want," he said as he walked into their walk-in closet and he began rooting around on his side. "Baby, did my new uniforms come yet? I'm running out of them," he shouted as he kept sliding hangers across the rail. "Evie, are you even here?"

"Were you looking for something?" asked a sultry voice as Jordan turned to see his wife leaning against the doorframe. "Was this the new uniform you were talking about?"

His jaw was on the floor as he saw the shirt that was draped around her body, her very bare body.

"Hi," he stuttered as his eyes ran her up and down, her long muscled legs, her round hips, her cleavage, her red-painted lips.

"Hi," she smirked. "Were you looking for something?"

"I think I found it."

And he charged at her, his hands on her thighs as he lifted her up, their lips colliding as they kissed.

"What about Chloe?" he panted between kisses as his knees hit the edge of their bed and his lips began to trail down her neck as she arched into his touch.

"She snuck out the moment you walked in the door," Angie answered.

"What?" Jordan exclaimed as his lips left her skin from where he was beginning to open the buttons with his teeth.

"Relax," his mate cooed as she put one foot on the bed and used it as leverage to spin them around and force her husband onto his back as she began to undo the buttons on his shirt, leaving a trail of kisses down his chest. "She'll call if she needs help and I'll bust her at the lacrosse game later, but right now..." she breathed as she lowered the zipper of his pants with her teeth. "We're a little preoccupied."

"A little more than preoccupied," Jordan agreed as he yanked his wife back up to his lips as he rolled her onto her back, his shirt off his shoulders. And her claws left a trail of blood down his back that disappeared almost as fast as they appeared. His eyes glowed as he stared down at her, her legs wrapped around his waist.

"Sýntrofos," he growled and her eyes glowed red in return.

"Cerberus."

And their bodies exploded in fire as their lips collided.

******************************************************************

"Ok, as amazing as that was....I'm running out of uniforms," Jordan said as he began to get dressed again, a massive charred hole in the centre of the mattress where their bodies had been and the remnants of their clothes now were.

"Relax," Angie said as she clipped on her bra. "I wasn't wearing one of the new ones. The new ones are hung in the bathroom. And as for the bed, well, it's not like we don't have the money to replace it. Especially since Duke sent a bigger check to help pay for Chloe's school fees that Peter already paid for."

"I still don't understand why he won't take the money back. I mean it was a big help when she was born, but we're fine now," Jordan said as he walked into the bathroom to get his shirt out of the plastic sleeve that protected his fresh uniforms.

"Please," Angie huffed as she slid her pants back on. "Almost every wolf I know treats Chloe as if she hung the stars in the sky. They won't take it back. So, we might as well get use out of it."

"Did she tell you why she took the car? All she has to do is bat her eyes at Deucalion or Peter and they'd probably buy her one even if she doesn't have her licence."

"Probably. And yes she did," Angie answered and Jordan looked intrigued as his wife rolled her eyes at his inability to do up his buttons. "She did it because she likes Eli and Eli likes pissing off his father."

"So, then seeing as we already have one child who's breaking the law because she has a crush on a boy, you won't want to talk about the possibility of having another?" Jordan said hopefully and his wife sighed. "I know you didn't want to have another one until we were able to properly handle Chloe and she could handle her powers, but we've done that. And Chloe is pretty capable of handling herself, just like her mother...even if she's scared to embrace part of her power, but I just think that our family isn't done growing yet."

"I get it," Angie replied as she finished his buttons and they simply held each other. "I did say I wanted to wait but fifteen years is a pretty long time to be starting all over again with another kid. But -"

Angie was cut off as her phone rang and they both sighed - they got interrupted quite a lot which was why they took any excuse to find a little time together.

"Sorry," Angie said before she saw the text Derek had sent her. "Eli snuck out. He and Chloe are probably together. I should go," she said as she began to pull away before pulling herself back to kiss her husband. "But we will finish this conversation. I promise."

And Jordan was still left with no answer to his loaded question as his wife grabbed the rest of her clothes and dashed out of their room.