Chapter 71

Lydia was simply sitting at Jordan's desk as she waited, fiddling with a pad of sticky notes as Angie went back to work. But it didn't last long.

They waited maybe half an hour before Lydia jumped up from the desk and went running towards Angie who'd collapsed inside the filing room as her body shook as if she was having a seizure, her banshee instincts having sensed something was wrong.

"Angie! Angie? What's happening?! It's Parrish, isn't it?" Lydia asked worriedly as she elevated the girl's head and pillowed it in her lap.

"Jordan!" she gasped as she finally stopped twitching and her muscles finally began to relax after being tense and beyond her control. "He was electrocuted. That was electricity," she huffed as she sat up in Lydia's arms.

"A hellhound shouldn't be fazed by an electric current," Lydia pointed out, Angie still panting as a different feeling began to set in, but one that she couldn't name.

"A hellhound yes, but Jordan isn't a hellhound right now," she reasoned before her breaths seemed to become deeper but not calming, it was as if she was trying to find oxygen to breathe.

"There's something else isn't there?" Lydia asked gravely. "He's going to die, isn't he?"

"He's going to freeze," Angie answered just as gravely as she finally realised what that feeling was. It was cold. It was the sharp shivers that rattled your spine as if you just walked past the freezer section in a supermarket. But they were just isolated to your spine, the feeling she got from Jordan was freezing her whole body.

At least until she flinched with pain and held one hand in the other as she felt more of Jordan's pain. Right in the centre of her palm. A message. A cry for help.

"We have to go," she exhaled. "We have to go right now!" she urged as she jumped up onto her feet, pulling Lydia with her as they ran for her car. And despite her fear of the place, Lydia knew they didn't have a choice. Both of them were connected to the hellhound and both of them couldn't leave him there.

******************************************************************

Considering they took Angie's car, the girl didn't waste any time, nor did she care who heard her sirens as she sped through the streets, caring about nothing other than getting back her mate as she broke roughly at the front gates, slamming her car door behind her.

"Lydia," Angie called once she pushed open the gates and the girls' eyes snapped away from the scary mansion behind the gates and to the alpha. "Lydia, you don't have to come with me. I can get him out on my own. I know this place has a lot of bad memories for you."

"No," she insisted. "I'm coming with you."

Angie nodded as they jogged up the stairs and Lydia continued speaking behind her.

"Besides, knowing how primal you two are over each other, you'll probably kill whoever decided to freeze Parrish."

She laughed at that as they reached the main door, which was locked but didn't pose a problem, in the end.

At first, the two kicks Angie delivered only dented it, and her worry was too much for her to handle as her eyes glowed, and Lydia didn't know whether to be worried or concerned that her eyes seemed more orange than red and that her engagement ring didn't seem as clear as it once was before she slammed her hands onto the steel doors and watched them melt beneath her palms.

"What the hell was that?" Lydia asked anxiously as Angie shifted back and simply walked over the liquid metal.

"That was our bond growing stronger as I get more scared and the wolf part of me gets angrier...I think," she answered before taking Lydia's hand and sprinting through the facility towards the Closed Unit.