Chapter 84

While her father was very worried about his daughter when he saw her pale, shivering figure, he got more and more relieved as they got closer to Jordan. Because the closer they got, the angrier his daughter got as she went burning through doors as they reached the Closed Unit. 

And though her skin was still cold to the touch, she cracked her neck. "You want at them? Because if I take them, I'll kill them for hurting Jordan," Angie said as she told her father about the three deputies that stood in front of the frozen cell, and she tried to hold back her anger.

Her father's smirk was wicked. "Gladly," he answered as he rounded the corner and Angie followed after him.

"Look at him," deputy Farrell said as he peered through the glass. "You think he's dying?"

"Not likely," Noah answered as the deputies turned to see him and Angie waltzing through the gate on the other end of the corridor. "It's not that easy to kill a hellhound. You know that's what he's called right? Or that my daughter is his mate? And she's seconds away from killing you for hurting him," Noah went on as they placed their hands on their guns and Angie stopped halfway as she leaned against the wall, deciding to just watch the show. "I mean, if you're going to wander into this world, you might as well have all the information."

And Farrell raised his gun. "Nobody here wants to get hurt," he said, though his voice was shaky.

"Then put your gun down, Deputy," Noah ordered. "You're not gonna shoot me."

"We're not gonna let you or your freak daughter take him out of here either," Farrell said and the other two raised their guns as Noah took a sudden step forward.

"You watch your mouth when you talk about my daughter," he warned and though their guns stayed on Noah, their eyes moved to where Angie was laughing from where she stood.

"I just want Jordan," she said casually, a deadly smirk on her face. "Daddy's the muscle this time."

"What can I say? She's my only daughter, she tends to get what she wants," Noah said. "And the three of you aren't going to get in the way of that."

"Stilinski," Farrell chuckled as he holstered his weapon.

"Sheriff," he corrected as he took a step forward. "You refer to me by my proper title, deputy, just as you will address Angie with the proper degree of respect."

"What are you, like, 60?" Farrell asked, and he was the first to bleed as Noah punched him in the nose. The other deputy put a hand on Noah's shoulder to stop him, but it was a bad idea as he knocked him and the third deputy down before Farrell came swinging at him again and Angie casually strolled over to the cage as she flipped open the latch and began to slide the door open.

"Can I say that I called this?" she said as she placed her hands on her hips as her shivering and half-frozen fiancé looked up, his neck cracking as the frost broke. "That I freaking told you this would happen!" she exclaimed before she saw the broken look on his face, the look that said he really thought this was it for him and her heart fractured a tiny bit. Angie moved to kneel in front of him to see her engagement ring sparkling like the sliver of ice that sealed his lips together. "I got you. You're ok," she promised softly, his body feeling warmer from her touch alone as they heard Noah's voice announce,

"The three of you, get up, and help Deputy Parrish to his feet. Get him out of this building so my daughter can heal him," Noah ordered. "And maybe, if you're lucky, she might help you too."

"Yes, sir," Farrell said as he and the other three deputies got to their feet, his nose covered in blood. "Sherriff,' he amended after seeing Noah's cold glare.

"Dad, are you alright?" Angie asked worriedly as she moved outside, letting the boys do the heavy lifting as they slowly helped Jordan up.

"I'm fine sweetheart," he promised as she saw the blood that ran from his nose. And as the deputies helped Jordan out of the cell, they couldn't help but stop and watch in amazement as Angie placed her hands on her father's cheeks and closed her eyes, the veins in her hands turning black as she took his pain and the watched the Sherriff relax in her hands. "Thanks, Ange. Now worry about your hellhound."

"Gladly," she returned as they spun to see the three deputies still staring in shock. "There's a hell of a lot more of where that came from but not if you idiots don't start moving!" she snapped as they muttered apologies and began to lead the way out of the building.

And it's safe to say that they were surprised, to say the least, when Noah had them a safe distance away as Angie kissed Jordan and they both burst into flames as the ice melted off Jordan.

Yeah, there was a hell of a lot more where that came from.