Chapter 29

Malia found a book. A book on the guys in the masks called Dread Doctors. A book that led to a rather dangerous visit to Eichen House to see one Dr Gabriel Valack who turned out to be the author, writing the book in hopes that people would see the truth about the Dread Doctors. And before they were ridiculously beaten by the Dread Doctors who used them to get into Eichen and remove the doctor's third eye. Which was honestly a story that Angie really didn't want to know about.

And now, the dread doctors had created even more chimeras. 11, including Donovan.

Angie had been the first person to read the book after Malia seeing as she was the only one who'd believed her. Malia had already regained her memory, and it was both good and bad. The Desert Wolf was the one who had caused the crash that killed her mother and sister. Angie hadn't had her memory yet, but as Scott and his friends, Theo included, sat down to read the book for the first time, Angie was at her boyfriend's house trying her hardest to punch him in the face.

"Oh, you almost got me that time," he smirked, rather happy with himself and with the promise that she gave him to not use her wolf powers. They circled each other inside Jordan's home gym for like the millionth time.

"How do I know that you aren't using your own powers?" she countered, wiping the sweat from her forehead with her jacket sleeve.

"We don't even know what I am, much less if I have powers. We're lucky that I heal or that lighter trick you pulled a few months ago would've ended very badly," he retorted as he flexed his arms as he stretched.

"And the Haigh burning us alive would've ended how? With us making friendship bracelets?" she sassed.

"Do you ever take anything seriously?" he asked with a smirk.

"I'm taking my mission of trying to knock you on your ass seriously," she fired back as she lunged at him. He blocked her first few punches and only stumbled back when her foot hit his chest, but he didn't lose his balance.

"I can see that," he huffed as he smiled at her before sliding his jacket from his shoulders, leaving him in a blue tank as Angie smirked at him, appreciating his muscles that the shirt showed off very well.

"Two can play at that game," she replied as she reached for her zipper, the metal cold on her fingers as she dragged it down to reveal her patterned sports bra as she shrugged it off her shoulders and tossed it aside. And they charged at each other.

But as Angie moved, her gaze caught on his fist and her vision tunnelled as the scene around her changed.

Jordan's fist became Ennis' as he knocked her to the ground, Angie well aware of how sore and battered she was.

"Come on!" Ennis growled. "No beta of mine is that weak," he spat as she held her elbow that was most certainly broken.

"I-I'm not a beta," she panted, refusing to let herself cry or be disgusted by the amount of blood that coated her body.

"Well, you ain't no alpha. You're weak!"

Ennis charged at her again, but the tortured girl was too tired to fight back as she curled herself into a ball and braced herself for the impact, but it never came. And when she opened her eyes again, she was faced with the sight of Deucalion's cane separating her from the vengeful alpha.

"Now, now, Ennis. Not only is she a new alpha, but she's also a new wolf," he reminded him as the large man shifted back.

"She won't last long as either if she can't learn to fight," he pointed out, but the blind alpha merely stayed silent as he approached Angie.