Chapter 65

(A/N: Happy New Year guys! Hope you all have an amazing 2023! And I hope you enjoy these last couple chapters of Season 6A. XxD)

******************************************************************

For the third time, Scott made his way to the diverter, except this time, Douglas was standing there waiting for him. The woods seemed darker than usual as the Löwenmensch stood with his back facing the young alpha.

"I'd almost say you enjoy this, Scott," he remarked. "The pursuit of utterly futile endeavours."

"Step back from the diverter," Scott ordered, unafraid of the former physics teacher. "Or I'll make you step back."

Douglas turned at that, a smirk on his face as he regarded him. "Now that's the German way of doing things. You would've made an excellent Nazi Youth," he praised.

"Maybe you didn't hear me," said Scott calmly. "I said step back."

Douglas only growled before he shifted fully, his eyes shining a menacing green in the moonlight. "Maybe you didn't hear me." And he roared as Scott returned it as he shifted as well.

But what Scott didn't understand was that Douglas' roar wasn't one of challenge, it was a summons. And dozens, perhaps even hundreds, of ghost riders emerged from the fog that covered the woods behind the Nazi as thunder rumbled.

They didn't just come from behind Douglas either, they were behind Scott as well as they surrounded him.

"Unbelievable," Douglas huffed. "Even in the face of insurmountable odds. I don't know if it's suicide or stupidity."

"Maybe both," Scott clarified which was probably true. "Either way, I'm getting to that diverter."

"You of all people, Scott, should know what happens to the lone wolf," Douglas reminded him.

Scott began to growl before he was cut off by another voice.

"He's not alone!" called Theo Raeken as he emerged from the woods beyond the ghost riders, his clothes torn and ripped from all he'd endured fighting his way out of the hunt and protecting Liam at the hospital and during his insane plan to get into the Hunt. "He's got a pack."

"And Theo's not in it!" Malia corrected as she appeared next to him. "But I am."

"We're not in the pack," said Peter as he, Angie and Jordan materialised behind the coyote, having run into the couple who knew where Scott, Stiles and Douglas should be. "But no one likes a Nazi."

And Angie punctuated his words with a vicious snarl that her boyfriend copied as their eyes glowed, and their fangs grew.

And Douglas threw down his hand as he signalled the ghost riders to attack.

Scott roared, as did the rest of his small army as they charged, dodging the bullets that the ghost riders fired at them. Scott went for Douglas first after fighting his way through a few ghost riders but he was easily thrown off and onto the train tracks as Angie took his place.

"You made a mistake bringing your pet, Kameradin," he boasted before turning to where Jordan was fighting more ghost riders. The reason they controlled hellhounds the way they did was because the creatures were too powerful otherwise, because they had the power to hurt the ghost riders if they weren't controlled. "Hollenhund, kommen sie," he called as Jordan turned to him but his eyes stayed fiery orange as did his flames.

"No!" he growled before sending a column of fire towards Douglas.

The leader of the ghost riders fell to the floor as he dodged the flames, but they weren't meant for him.