Chapter 48

"Angie," Liam called as he stopped them walking, all of them followed Angie's lead as she headed for Jordan. "I'll do it," he said as he looked down at the cane in her hands. "It should be me. If you get me close enough, I'll do it."

Angie moved it out of his reach.

"Liam, you're not killing your best friend. We're not killing your best friend," Scott admonished.

"That belongs to me," came a voice and they turned to see a man standing at the end of the tunnel. "It's a family heirloom. I'd like it back please," Sebastian said and Angie pulled the blade free of its sheath before swinging it through the air the way she'd seen Kira do multiple times.

"The only way you'll get this back is when it impales you for the second time," she threatened as her eyes glowed red, and Scott just placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It's yours. Just give us Mason," Scott said.

"Unfortunately, I would not know where to begin. And while I have benefited from his memories, I don't have much use for an alter ego."

"You want it?" Scott said as he and Liam shared a glance and the beta nodded, not needing Angie's answer since she'd given it when she drew the pike. "Come and get it," he challenged as they all shifted.

And Sebastian's eyes changed as he shifted.

Angie wasn't dumb enough to actually bring the pike anywhere near the Beast until she was sure they had a clear shot and hopefully, Lydia could get there first as she threw it behind her, and they lunged for the creature.

Angie didn't realise how much she'd learned from the Beast in the past few hours as it quickly knocked the boys down, but she stayed standing, her roars and the few scratches she copped already drawing her hellhound boyfriend towards her. She actually thought she was doing well until she jumped up on the Beast's shoulders, clawing at its eyes again, at least until it slammed its fists on the ground and the wave of force knocked all the wolves off their feet.

Her vision was blurry as her head hit the wall, and she was too dizzy to stand for the moment.

"Jordan, wherever you are, hurry up," she muttered as she pushed herself up on the wall, barely taking in the fact that Liam had gone for the pike as Sebastian held Scott by his neck.

"Liam! We can still save Mason!" he protested.

"Who's going to save you?" Liam responded.

"What kind of werewolves are you?" Sebastian wondered.

"NO!" Scott screamed but Liam didn't listen as he charged.

And it was only too easy for Sebastian to push him away and the pike to fall from his hands. And Angie was too far away to stop the Man of Gevaudan from plunging his claws into the back of Scott's neck as he groaned.

And her eyes did widen as Sebastian retracted his claws, seeming startled as he said, "Marie-Jeanne?"

And Scott fell to the floor as he broke free.

"Mason!" called a woman's voice and they turned to see Lydia and Kira standing at the end of the tunnel. And Sebastian turned as he advanced on them.

"I think you're going to need to try a little louder than that," Kira advised nervously as Sebastian's eyes glowed and he shifted, and Angie gave chase, refusing to let Lydia get hurt again, mostly for her brother's sake.

But Lydia didn't need any help.

"MASON!"

She screamed the boy's name so loudly that the tunnel rumbled, and it felt like the ground was shaking as the soundwaves hit Sebastian and the wolves covered their ears as Angie was stopped in her tracks. And the Beast exploded into a cloud of shadows.

And from the shadows, a foot hit the floor as Mason came stumbling forward, right into Corey's arms as he appeared.

And the shadows with two glowing eyes, what was left of the Beast, tried to escape as it floated down the tunnel, only to be met with fire.

Jordan held the shadows in place as his eyes met Angie's. "Evie!" he shouted, and she didn't hesitate as she scooped up the pike and threw it with every bit of strength she had left.

And the Beast roared as it glowed blue before it evaporated and was gone. Dead. And Mason was still alive.

"Now you show up?" Angie huffed with a small smile, amazed that she was still standing as her boyfriend extinguished himself and matched her smile, equally as exhausted.

"Better late than never," he returned as they trudged towards each other, both of them seconds from falling asleep on each other as she wrapped her arms around him, and he rested his head on hers.

"Is everyone ok?" Scott asked, still in wolf form and in complete disbelief that they actually pulled it off.

"Not everyone!" bellowed a voice and they all turned to see Theo standing at the other end of the tunnel, his body rippling with electricity and Angie just sighed.

"Power up kiss and then we'll deal with it," she said as she leaned up and he lowered his lips to hers and his veins turned gold as his body sizzled, burning the pain away as their strength began to return.

Their eyes glowed as they took all of a step towards the Chimera and he sent a bolt of electricity at Scott who was standing protectively in front of his beta. But Kira got there first as she held out her sword, her eyes glowing as she absorbed the power, and a scared look began to appear on Theo's face.

"The Skinwalkers have a message for you, Theo," Kira said as he relented and Kira's sword glowed blue. "Your sister wants to see you."

And Kira drove her sword into the ground as it began to crack open. The fracture travelled all the way to Theo's feet before the hole opened up and a girl's figure crawled out, her hair dark as it covered her face, and she began to pull Theo into the hole.

"SCOTT!" he cried out. "Scott help me! SCOTT! Help!" he wailed, but no one moved a muscle as he was pulled into the hole and Kira pulled her sword out as it closed.

It was silent, the only sound being everyone's quiet breaths as they processed what just happened.

"Can we go home now?" Angie asked and they had to laugh at her timing.

"Yeah," Scott answered. "Let's go home."