Chapter 91

Derek had left Angie and Chloe in the stands when his son was injured. Eli had the ball and been so close to a goal as Chloe cheered for him....and then he'd gotten knocked on his ass before he twisted his ankle. Derek had then carried his injured son into the locker room, probably to give him another lesson on healing and shifting when both mother and daughter heard the sound of his roar.

"Mom?" Chloe asked nervously and Angie turned to her daughter.

"You stay here. You don't move from this spot, you understand?"

"But, mom, what about Eli and -"

"I will take care of them, ok? But I can't do that if I'm worried about you. You stay here, alright?"

"Ok," Chloe relented as her mother went running for the source of the roar, but as soon as she did that, Eli came limping for his best friend and Chloe knew that she wouldn't be able to keep her word to her mother.

At first, Angie had been following the sound of the roar she heard, but then she began sprinting as she smelt blood. A lot of blood.

She saw Derek laying on the floor in a corridor outside of the locker rooms, Eli nowhere in sight as Derek held his neck, blood pooling on her floor. And then she saw the arrow that had clattered onto the floor at her feet. Argent's arrow.

Obviously, she had so many questions about the strange figure in a white jacket that stood in the locker room with a bow drawn, but saving Derek was a bigger priority. So, it was business as usual.

She sprinted down the corridor before launching herself into the air using the lockers. She somersaulted in the air as she plucked the arrow from its path and landed next to Derek before she rose to her feet, her eyes glowing red as she held the arrow flat on her palm, an arrow that promptly melted, the liquid dripping from Angie's hand and onto the floor before she roared at the huntress who came to light.

Allison Argent. It was simply impossible.

Allison fired another arrow, but someone caught it before Angie could.

Liam Dunbar roared as he caught the arrow, his eyes glowing yellow before Allison let loose another arrow as Angie dropped to Derek's side, pressing her hands to his wound as she began to take his pain. The second arrow was stopped by a girl Angie had never seen before but presumed was Liam's girlfriend with the way she jumped in front of him as the arrow tried to pierce her arm and failed. It failed before her eyes glowed orange, as the fiery body of a fox encased her. She was a kitsune.

Seeing that she was overpowered and underprepared, especially as Scott and Malia came running towards them, Allison fled.

"Liam! Angie!" Scott called.

"Welcome home," Angie said as Scott slid on his knees to Derek's other side. "Hey, hey! Eyes open, Sourwolf. Stay with me," she called as she pressed harder to his neck and took more pain.

"Eli," he groaned. "Get Eli."

"Derek, he's not here," Scott said.

"He was. He knows what to do. We-we have a plan. Ange - the, the plan," Derek gasped as blood trailed down his face, his teeth stained.

"I know," she assured him. "I know the plan. Just like I know my daughter's gone with him. They'll be ok."

"The auto shop," he murmured.

"I know, Derek. I know. I'll keep him safe, I promise. Our kids are smart. They'll be ok," she promised him.

"What is he talking about?" Scott asked as he watched the blood coat Angie's hands.