Chapter 15

It was like fire exploded between them last night. Their food lay forgotten on the counter, the spilled beer still uncleaned on the floor as they lay naked under his sheets, finally in the same bed. They lay, tangled with the sheets and with each other, still slightly covered in sweat and not quite tired enough to go to sleep which was ridiculous considering everything that was happening, and everything they just did.

"Not to sound like a pig, but that was so much better than what I imagined it to be," Jordan said with a sheepish grin and Angie only laughed as she looked up at him.

"You don't because I absolutely agree," she said as she brought their lips together, the room seeming to get hotter as she held his face. "Can we just stay here forever? No killers or assassins or annoying little brothers. Just you and me and a lot more of this," she said between kisses, her breath hot and heavy before she sealed their lips together and Jordan pulled her closer as her body arched into him.

"As much...as I would love to," Jordan replied between kisses, never wanting to pull away but having to as their noses touched. "We both have to be at work in 45 minutes. And your dad is already going to kill me for sleeping with his daughter, I don't want to give him another reason to do it sooner."

She groaned in annoyance as she tilted her head back, her hands on his shoulders. "Damn us and our adult lives," she said as he chuckled and then her expression turned serious. "And you have to know that my dad isn't going to do anything to you."

"Angie, you're the sheriff's daughter-"

"And you're his favourite deputy. And the only one he can discuss the supernatural with. You served in the army like he did. Plus, you saved my life so in his eyes I probably couldn't do any better."

He sighed as he closed his eyes. "Fine, but if going to risk losing my job and potentially getting shot by your father do, I least get to keep you?" he asked as she pretended to contemplate it.

"If you start the shower and let me borrow a shirt, I might think about it."

"I'll take what I can get," Jordan said with an amused smirk before he kissed her again.

"Mhm...can we continue this in the shower? I'll put those burgers in the microwave. We can eat on the way to work."

He raised a brow at her. "How long do you plan on spending in the shower?"

His eyes widened as she flipped him onto his back and laid on top of him. "As long as possible."

"I think I can live with that," he said with a smirk as she lowered her lips to his.

******************************************************************

It was a painful endeavour to leave Jordan's apartment which felt like a little piece of paradise. Especially when she was dressed in nothing but a towel and volunteered to do up the buttons on his uniform shirt. And then when she took one of his button-down shirts and slipped it on, knotting the bottom so it ended at her waist as she tugged her leggings and boots back on, Jordan offering to throw her sweater into his hamper before they left, eating burgers as he drove and Angie fixed her hair in the car.

And the entire time they worked, their eyes kept finding each other across the room and neither of them could wipe the small smiles off their faces.

At least until Lydia and her brother came running into the station and reality came crashing down.

Lydia had cracked the message her grandmother left her and was left with a list of ten names she didn't recognise save for her grandmothers. So, they all crowded around Jordan as he ran the names through the system.