Chapter Nineteen

Killian made it to the sheriff station, but was 10 minutes late than his regular time. When he walk into the station, David was standing right beside his desk in his office, looking at Robin who was sitting on the chair in his office. The two look at the computer screen in front of them.

"What up lads?" He asks them.

David and Robin looks up from the computer to Killian. David change his facial expression from serious to anger. "You're late Jones." He said.

Killian sighs. "I know and I'm sorry for that." He tells him.

"You got a warning. Don't be late again." warns David.

Killian nods his head as he takes off his jacket and puts it in the back of the chair.

"What made you late anyways?" Robin asks.

"I stay over at Emma's house yesterday. Both Riley and I did. Then this morning I talk to Emma as I drop off Riley to school." He answers.

"Did Emma wanted you to stay?" Robin asks.

Killian looks at him and nods his head. "She did. Riley had a nightmare yesterday so I decided to make Riley stay at her place so she can rest while Emma was there. Emma told me her feelings last night. I couldn't just walk away from it."

Robin and David looks at each other before smiling at him. "That's great to hear that Emma loves you. Did you tell her that you love her?" Robin asks.

Killian nods his head. "I did."

David and Robin smiles at him. "Well, glad you found someone. You did look lonely when you didn't have Milah around you, but now. You got Emma by your side and you have help her brought her walls down. She needed another person to be with her, and well. You were on the top of the list." David explains to him.

Killian was kinda surprise by his words. He knew Emma had her walls up ever since she broke up with Neal. He knew it all this time, even on the first date, where she felt really uncomfortable being with him after he drove her to a cliff. She didn't believe him at first. She didn't trust him, but he made her trust him a little bit. Now she fully trusts him. Now he realize David knew about Emma's walls being up.

"You, Mary, Regina and Robin knew this whole time Emma's walls was up this whole time?" He asks them.

Robin and David nods in response. "We immediately knew Emma had her walls up after she told us what happen with her and Neal. Did she tell you what happen between her and Neal?" Robin asks him.

Killian nods his head. He clearly remember what happen the day Emma told him about Neal.

*Past*

It was early spring when Killian stop to Emma's place from work to pick up his daughter. The snow was still on the ground from that storm they had earlier, but the sun was setting that evening, trying to clear the snow away. He was walking into Emma's house that day, and sees the house being so quiet. It was sometimes unusual for this to happen. Usually, Emma and Riley would both be in the living room or in the kitchen doing crazy stuff he loves to see. But it was really quiet around the house, and it was eerie.

"Emma? Riley?" He calls out into the house. There was no response, and it really bother him. He walks into the kitchen and the living room, seeing Emma and Riley's stuff drop off, but no one there.

He decided to walk into Emma's bedroom. The door was wide open. Killian slowly walks to the doorway, taking a peek to see if anyone was in the bedroom. There was only one person in the bedroom.

Emma was sitting in the middle of the bed, looking down at something that was laying on the bed in front of her. Her elbows resting on her thighs, fingers resting on both sides of her head. She look like she had tears in her eyes, but he wasn't sure.