Chapter Fifteen

The light that was coming through the windows woke up Emma from her sleep. She rubs her eyes, trying to make herself wide awake. Emma still had her eyes closed when she moves her arm. Emma freezes from her spot when she realizes the bed was cold and empty. She immediately opens up her eyes and sits up from the bed. She looks at the other side of the bed.

Killian wasn't there at all.

Emma started panicking. She quickly gets out of the bed. "Killian!?" She screams out in panic. She runs out of the bedroom into the guest room. When she gets in there, there was nobody there. The bed was made, but nobody wasn't in there. Emma runs out of the guest room, looking in both directions right beside of her.

"Killian?! Riley?!" She screams out in panic.

Where could Killian and Riley be? Did they leave to do something? Did they want to spend Riley's birthday by themselves? Emma can't think of that. Killian wouldn't be so much selfish to do that. To use her against that. She care for him and his daughter that much to know where in the world are they?

Emma walks into the kitchen and freezes in her spot when she sees a piece of paper on the counter. Emma walks towards it and picks it up the paper. She starts reading the note.

"Emma, Riley and I left to wash ourselves up for today. Don't worry about us. I know you would freak out, knowing that we left your place without telling you. Sorry about that love. Anyways, Riley and I will be back at your place around 10:30 so you can refresh yourself for the day. See you later love. From Killian."

Emma sighs in relief and smiles at the letter. She looks at the time that was on the microwave. It was only 8:45 in the morning. She got plenty of time to eat and get ready.

Emma goes to the shower and takes a very good long hot shower. After that, she dresses into jeggings, long black boots, a white tank top with a red leather jacket. She leaves her hair wavy for the day. She puts on eyeliner and mascara before walking out of the room and looks at the time.

It was only 10:00. 30 more minutes til Killian and Riley arrives back at her place. Emma eats herself frosted flakes cereal with a couple of toast cover in grape jelly. She had a cup of orange juice as her drink for breakfast.

As Emma ate the last bit of her toast, a knock came through the doorbell. She moves the plate and the bowl to the side before walking to the front door with a smile on her face. She opens the door and smiles bigger at who she sees.

"Hey love. We're back." Killian said happily to her.

Emma looks at Killian, who was carrying Riley in his arms. Riley still look tired, but was smiling at Emma. Her head was resting on his shoulder. "Come on in you two." She replies back with the same tone Killian has.

Killian thanked her before walking into the house. Emma closes the door before walking to the kitchen and walks closely to Killian and Riley. She looks at Riley and gives her the biggest smile on her face.

"Happy Birthday Riley. Ready for today?" She asks happily adding the sweet tone in it.

Riley just nods her head slowly. Emma looks up at Killian, her smile going away. "Is Riley alright?" She asks in worry.

"I asked her the same thing. She just told me that she was very tired." He answers.

Emma sighs and looks back at Riley. "I know sleeping late isn't your thing. Sorry we did that to you sweetie." She whispers to her.

Riley just nods at her tiredly. "I'll be wide awake when we get there." She saids with a low voice, but Killian and Emma heard her.

"Don't worry today is going to be the best birthday you got." Killian saids to her softly as he turn his head to look at her whole face.