Chapter Three

Riley was walking around the hallway of Storybrooke Elementary, looking for her class. As Riley was walking, she can see some kids walking around the school with their mom, dad or even both. She can see some kids walking around by themselves or with their friends but what really got her was kids being with their parents.

Riley dropped her head down in sadness. 'I wish my dad would walk with me to class. Or even wish my mom was here seeing me walking in the school. I miss her really bad.' Riley thought.

Riley's focus at the ground that she bumped into somebody's legs. Riley's impact was a little too hard she fell on the floor.

"Oh my goodness are you okay?" A woman's voice asked in a worry tone.

Riley looks up from the ground and sees a woman wearing a black business woman uniform, had brown eyes with short brown hair. She was wearing makeup as well. Her face had eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.

"Um....yes ma'am. I'm fine." Riley answered.

"Here. Let me help you up." The woman said. Then the woman grab Riley's hand and put her back onto her feet.

"Thank you." Riley saids with a grin on her face.

The woman smiles at her. "Welcome. What's your name sweetie?"

Riley sticks out her hand and gives her a big smile on her face, showing her teeth. "Riley Jones."

The woman smiles at her. "You're the new kid in this town aren't you? You and your dad moved here not so long ago is that correct?" The woman asked.

Riley nods in response, still waiting to shake the woman's hand.

The woman sticks out her hand and shakes Riley's hand. "Well welcome to Storybrooke. My name is Mrs. Mills, the principal at this school." Mrs. Mills said.

The two continue to shake hands for a bit before dropping their hands to the side.

"So, Riley, what class do you need to go?" Mrs. Mills asked.

"To Ms. Swan's class." Riley answered simply.

Mrs. Mills got somehow excited for some reason. "Awesome. You're going to love Ms. Swan. One of the best teachers here in school."

Riley's body was filled with excitement. "Really! Cool!"

Mrs. Mills laughed. "Come on. Let me take you there."

Riley nods before her and Mrs. Mills started walking towards Ms. Swan's class in silence.

Less than 3 minutes later, Mrs. Mills and Riley made it to Emma's classroom doorway. Riley can already see most of her classmates there.

Mrs. Mills looks at Riley, smiling big at her. "Alright Riley. Have fun at your first day." She said, her voice filled with excitement.

Riley answered back, having the same tone as Mrs. Mills. "I will. Thank you for bringing me here."

Mrs. Mills nods at her. "Welcome. Now go in there and remember have fun!"

Riley nods at her right before she slowly walked into the classroom. She can see kids laughing and talking to each other. Some were even playing around the classroom. Riley just slowly walks to an empty seat and sits down. She was looking at the old desk, shaky hands on the desk. She was nervous about this. Hopefully she can make it through the day.

"Alright kids. Come and sit down into your desks." Riley heard her teacher yell out. Riley looks up and sees her teacher leaning onto the desk, having a clipboard in her hands, smiling as she sees her kids sitting into their seats.