Chapter Five

"Dad are you mad at me?"

Killian looks at his daughter, who haven't even touch her plate yet. Riley's head was down, didn't even want to look at her father.

"What made you think I am mad at you Riley?" He asked in confusion.

"I overheard you and Ms. Swan talking last night and she probably told you that I am failing her class. You are mad at me that I am failing in her class." Riley explained her answered nervously.

Killian was in surprise a little. He shakes his head and bends down a little, looking at his daughter closely. "Riley. Baby girl look at me." He demanded softly.

Riley slowly puts her head up, letting her father see her tears pouring down her face. Killian gives her the warmest smile. "I am not mad at you baby girl. Ms. Swan just letting me know what is going on with you and we are trying to fix this problem so this wouldn't become a bigger issue. Okay?" He asked softly.

Riley nods slowly and looks away from her father. Killian realizes that Riley was still nervous. Riley never failed kindergarten because well the teachers never said to him that she failed. She did amazing last school year. And starting to fail first grade took a whole new level to Riley.

Killian leans over to his daughter and kisses her forehead for a long time. Riley kept her head down as he was kissing her forehead. As Killian was kissing her head, he can feel Riley's body shaking up badly. That was one thing to know if Riley is nervous. She shakes up badly and cries all the time, but stutters her words and sweats sometimes. Killian always calm her down in any way shape or form. Whether it is telling her its going to be alright or if he sings her a lullaby, he calms her down easily.

He pulls away and wipes the tears away from her eyes and gives her a smile. "You're going to be alright Riley. I promise you I am not mad at you." Killian whispers softly to his daughter. Riley looms at him and nods at him, a smile ain't on her face.

Killian looks at her with a pouty look on his face. "Sweetie can you smile for daddy please?" Killian asked in a sweet voice. Riley shakes her head no. "Pretty please?" He asked. Riley still shakes her head no.

Killian drops his head onto the ground, feeling defeated. "Alright Riley. You win." He saids in defeat. He then walks around the kitchen counter and behind Riley. "But you didn't win yet when the tickle monster got you!" He yells out in excitement as he grabs Riley from behind and tickles her. Riley started laughing loudly as Killian started making monster noises as he was tickling her. He looks at Riley and can see a big smile on her face. Killian smiles big as he kept on tickling her,  making her laugh harder.

"Daddy stop please!" Riley yells out while laughing at the same time. Killian laughs along with her as well. Her laughs brings music to his ears. Her laughs shine the whole world, making him and her happy.

"Alright then baby girl." Killian saids as he stops tickling her, putting her onto the couch. Riley had a messy hair and her shirt was a little messed up from where he tickle her. Killian sits beside of her and fixes her hair and her shirt.

"Feel better now Riley?" Killian asks her with a smile on his face. Riley immediately nods her head yes, bringing the best smile to her face. Killian kisses Riley's forehead once more.

He then turns his head and looks at the clock that was hanging on the living room wall. Killian's eyes go wide as he sees what times it was.

"Oh bloody hell." Killian mumbles under his breath, being careful not saying it to his daughter. Then he looks at Riley with wide eyes of horror. "You are going to be late for school. Come on."

Killian and Riley gets up quickly from the couch as Riley ran over and ate a couple bites of her breakfast before running to her father, who had her stuff. "Let's go!" Killian saids as he opens the door. Riley runs to the car as Killian closes his door and runs to his car as well.