A look from another perspective

Yo.

~*~*~*~

Mason Pov

For those that forgot, including myself. Mason is the 4th child of the king and Marinette's older brother.

"What?" Mason asked the person on the screen, confused at the situation. "I said," Joshua, the eldest of the children began, "Stop whatever you're planning. You have important duties to fill, and these plots of yours has led to you neglecting your duties." Joshua explained. "They're not just some plots!" he yelled indignantly. 

"Listen, I am going to talk to Marinette later on. In fact, the both of you have been lagging behind. I understand she is in a dire situation, which is why I sent someone to deal with her 'problems.' It's clear that this whole situation is serving as a distraction and I'm rightfully worried." he said. 

Mason sat in bed in disbelief in what he was hearing. "You want me, in good conscious, to let my sister be bullied when I know I can help?" he asked. "I know I sound unreasonable in this moment, but please try to understand." Joshua took a deep breath. "I looked into Lila Rossi, this isn't the first time she's done this. So unless you receive orders from me of father, or even Marinette, you are not allowed to engage. I have told everyone else to stand down as well for the time being. Marinette will tell us what to do." he finished. 

Wordlessly Mason cut the call, frustrated beyond belief. Suddenly a maid with a breakfast trolly strolled in, opening the binds before greeting him. "Good morning young master. Please eat your breakfast while I prepare your bath. The sky was slowly being painted in golden hues as the sun rose, however Mason so no reason to bask in its glory. He threw his tablet to the wall, much to the shock of the maid. "Young Master!" she yelled, concerned. 

Wordlessly, he made his way to the bathroom, before closing the door shut. 

'What a way to start the day.'

~*~*~*~

"I heard there was a little ruckus in your room Mason," Grandpa George said as Mason sat down at the dining table. "Yes. Is everything alright?" Isaac questioned, concerned for his brother. "I'm fine. It won't happen again." he said simply. Unconvinced George continued, "Remember to stay clear of the west wing boys. Wouldn't want to spook our guest." he said, both Mason and Isaac nodding in understanding. 

"Of to school then. Tell that demon child I'll visit him soon." George said before stepping out the room, leaving the two boys in confusion. 

~*~*~*~

Bratty Bee
Personally, I hate you.

Spoiled King

I thought we established this already?

Bratty Bee

The sausage haired excuse of fashion keeps on spouting bullshit. 'I'm helping Clara Nightingale write her next album!'
Biggest crap I ever heard, and my Daddy's the mayor!

Spoiled King
I do hope you are recording these conversations with her consent yes?

Bratty Bee
Of course I am!

I am a genius, idk about you and your sister though.

Spoiled King
Watch your tongue. You're lucky I'm not suing you as well. 

Bratty Bee 

Yeah yeah whatever.
 Didn't mean it in a mean way anyway. 
 Chatting with you made me lose my precious braincells. 
Later Rancid breath.
[message read]

Isaac watched as Mason typed away on his phone, no doubt plotting on how to better his sister's predicament, despite orders to stand down. He simply sighed, as a heavy weight settled on his shoulders. This was going to be a long morning. 

Damian Wayne Pov

Damian sighed as he entered Gotham Academy. As usual, his arrival sparked conversations all around him. "He's so mysterious and handsome. Like a dark knight." one group said, much to his displeasure. "I'm going to go talk to him." he heard. 'Oh no.' he thought to himself, blaming the gods for his bad luck. 

"Hey Damian." one girl Veronica, daughter of the CEO of a random middle ranked beauty company. He paid her no mind as he brushed past her, much to her humiliation. But did she give up, no. 

"Oh Damian, would you mind joining me for lunch. I fell behind in my physics." Veronica, with a sheepish look on her face. "I would mind." Damian said as he brushed past her again. Her friends snickered in the background but were silenced by her glare. 

By this point, Damian had managed to put some distance between himself and the leech. Did she like this? No. Of course not. "Damian wait!" she yelled, running after him, before she 'apparently tripped.' 

The girl was falling towards Damian's direction, hoping he'd catch her, only for him to sidestep, and she was caught by someone else entirely. 

Damian watched as his classmate Isaac easily caught Veronica. He flashed that dazzling smile that seemed to make the girls go crazy before setting her down. "Be careful next time." he heard him say to her, while she was still in a daze. 

'How annoying.' Damian thought to himself, finally entering the classroom. 

~*~*~*~

Word count: 819 words 
Until next time.