DNA test leads to discoveries

I do not own any characters except the ones I created.

Published: 05/06/2021
Edited: 13/01/2023

*Marinette POV *

Marinette knew for a fact that she was adopted. At first when she found out she was shocked to say the least but as time went on she was okay. It also explained the fact that her parents never had other children. Too much work to take care of a newborn baby and their hands were already filled with the bakery.

Now you must be wondering how she found out in the first place. When she was 8, her parents were busy filling a large order so she was left to her own means. She was snooping around her parents room, hoping to find a book her Maman had hidden from her because she would stay up all night reading it, when she stumbled across a file. She had never seen it before and it had a weird symbol on it. A symbol she would soon realize was the Royal family crest.

She was about to put it back, but in the end her curiosity won and she opened it. Inside was a few documents with a too sophisticated writing that she didn't understand most of the words. But she understood a few, 'Adopted and put in your care.'

She knew it had to be her seeing as there was no other children in her parents care. She was shocked that the people who she called her parents weren't biologically her parents. But got over it rather well. And she had no interest in bringing it up seeing as she was happy were she was.

Oh boy would she regret that.

*Ring Ring* Marinette's alarm went off. Slowly she opened her eyes to see what the time was. Its 6:30am in the morning, enough time for me to get ready school. She was hesitant to leave the comfort of her bed as it was were she felt safest. Where no-one could touch or hurt her. It was her safe zone.
Things at school had been getting rough. And so were her situations at home. Her parents suddenly distanced themselves from her, probably the work of Lila. She had heard her a few nights ago, crying to her parents about something that was obviously false but she never thought that they would believe her.

From Lila taking her friends away and convincing them that she's a bully and bad friend, to Chloe just making her life a living hell. The whole class would tear up her homework, destroy her commissions or downright call her very unaffectionate words.
Atleast the rest of the school, minus Mis Bustier and Mr Damocles, supported her. But that was an issue to worry about later.

She got up and went to go shower. She didn't notice her Kwami was awake yet. ~Oh Marinette, don't worry, things will get better. I have a good feeling. ~Tikki thought to herself.

Once she got out of the shower, she wore this :

She wasn't in a fashion mood today. Marinette let her know long hair down. By the time she was done dressing, it was 7:02am.
She went downstairs and saw her Maman making breakfast.
Mari : Morning Maman.
Sabine only nodded before passing her a plate for breakfast giving her a small fake smile.
Mari : Thanks Maman.
Marinette said in a monotone voice.