TIME TO GET INTO BUSINESS

*GRANDMA POV*

As her grandsons and herself were waiting for Marinette she was enjoying the view and the cool breeze.

She didn't bother to listen in on her grandsons conversation, mostly because they talk about weird things in her opinion

After a few minutes she noticed one of the guards escorting Marinette to their table.

The first thing she noticed was her outfit. It was simple yet stylish. She has a great sense of fashion unlike her brothers. Marinette politely greeted them. She's polite too. That's a bonus.

Before Sophia (that's her first name) could return the greeting, Isaac said out loud "Wow, your shorter than expected." She smacked him across the head. He whined in pain.

Instead of being offended Marinette only offered a smile. "Well it's not my fault I didn't inherit the tall genes."

They started small chatter while looking through the menu. Sophia noticed that Marinette would try to avoid the subject of school as much as possible. 'Must be worse than we thought.' She thought to herself. After a few minutes they ordered and while they were waiting the boys excused themselves from the table.

Sophia : Mind telling me why your getting bullied in school?
Marinette : I have no idea what your talking about.
Sophia : Whenever I ask you about your school you hunch up your shoulders, avoid eye contact and mumble your words. So who hurt you.

Marinette didn't even budge. No matter how much Sophia tried she would change the subject just like that. When Joseph had mentioned that she didn't really trust any adults as far as he was concerned, she didn't even ponder on that thought. She was sure that she could reassure her that they're trustworthy.

'This is worse than I thought,' Sophia thought.

Sophia : *Sigh* Although you might not trust me or anyone else in the family in the coming months, I want you to know that we'll all be there when you're ready, okay?

She said as she held Marinette's hands in her own. She saw a flicker of emotion in her eyes for a second but just as it was there it disappeared.

The boys joined them after that and soon they're food came as well.

Grandma  and Isaac had this.