The Last Straw

Published: 05/06/2021
Edited: 17/01/2023                       

*Sabine POV*

The next day

Sabine and her husband hesitantly called Marinette's father. Tension on both their faces. The phone rang twice before He answered.

King Zhi : Tom, Sabine. I hope all is well?
Sabine : I wish it was, but it seems we have a situation on our hands.
King : And that would be?
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~..~.~.~.~
        -SCENE CHANGE TO THE PALACE -

                       *King Zhi POV*

Taemin took in a long breath after ending the call with the Dupain-Chengs. The news was like a slap to the face. ~Maybe letting her stay in Paris was a bad idea~ he thought to himself. The only reason he even let her stay was because she seemed to have liked it there. But that was the past. He shouldn't moan around about what and what not he should have done in the past. His daughter, was being bullied at school over a bunch of feeble lies, was expelled ( that stained her perfect record), and is now the laughing stock of her class. Their punching bags. He wondered what type of school teacher would allow this. The fact that she was basically thrown away when a new shinier toy arrived made him wanna deck some kids.

It also made him more angry realizing that her caretakers believed said lies.

He switched on his laptop and found the address of François Dupont High School. He found the principle's mobile and pressed the video call button. He then disabled his camera, hoping to keep things under wraps for a while longer. It rang 3 times before the principal picked up. 

"Good afternoon. Oh? What it this? Is this some kind of prank?!" Damocles demanded, outraged at having his owl time cut short. "It is not a prank, I assure you." Zhi said, his voice soothing to the ears. "Might I ask what brings you to call me this fine day sir?" Damocles questioned. 

"I wanted to discuss the expulsion of a Marinette Dupain-Cheng. On her report card, it says the expulsion was filed but redacted that same day. Why?" Zhi questioned, wasting no time getting to the point. "Well she stole test sheet answers for a very important exam, she supposedly stole a girl's necklace and pushed said girl down the stairs. But that was cleared up when the girl said she misidentified the culprit." he answered. 

Damocles assumed it was one of her relatives, as no-one would have direct access to her report card unless otherwise. "I see. So, did you look through the CCTV footage to verify this? Or check the girl to make sure she had no injuries? Mr. Damocles, the test answers you say the test papers were in Ms. Marinette's bag non? But you are aware that she is a grade A student. And don't you think that a Miss Lila Rossi got all test answers wrong might have done so on purpose?" he started interrogating the tired man. 

Damocles only stuttered in reply. 

"Listen here you giant buffoon and listen closely. I am not to repeat myself. I want you to clear my daughter's permanent record, and apologize for not doing your job and keep an eye on that Rossi girl. I also want you to slap some sense into my daughter's useless teacher and make her stop pushing duties onto my child? This is the last straw. Am. I. Clear?"

Damocles, refusing to back down to such blatant disrespect, yelled in reply. "I refuse to tolerate such nonsense from someone whose afraid to show their own face. Daughter you say? Last I checked, her parents were bakers, so that statement solidifies the fact that this must be a prank. I shall have the police interrogate you at once for such insolence!" 

"I shall send my lawyers at once then. Have a good day Mr. Damocles." Zhi said beforre cutting the call. He sighed, perhaps he had let the situation get out of hand. 

Control your emotions. Do not let them rule you.

That Rossi girl is spreading lies about the famous celebrities, including his family, which could land them in a lot of trouble. He called his lawyer firm and scheduled a meeting for the next day. He then decided to arrange someone to go to Paris and live with Marinette. If anything the toxic environment she was in was probably suffocating her. Though those issues were now set aside, he had an even bigger issue. Why exactly was Marinette, a 14 year old might I add, Ladybug?

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~..~.~.~.~
SCENE CHANGE TO LILA ROSSI

                          *LILA POV*

Lila smirked as she saw Marinette run out of class as soon as it was lunch time. The little heroine was put in her place. The best part was she didn't even lift a finger. It was either Alya shouting very colorful insults at her, Chloe destroying her work or one of her minions trip her in class. And she was absolutely ecstatic when her parents assured her that they'll sort Marinette out.

 ~Enough thinking about that. I have to think of a new lie before they get tired of this one ~ she thought to herself. She faked being grateful when Rose offered to buy her lunch because she 'forgot' her wallet at home. She clung to Adrien's arm as they walked to the cafeteria not loosening her grip on him. She knew he was her meal ticket. With Gabriel Agreste on her side, and Ms goody goody down, soon the whole world will know Lila Rossi.

*ADRIEN POV*

Adrien watched as Marinette sprinted out of the class. ~ Maybe she left so she wouldn't cause drama with Lila. She's been very petty lately, ways picking a fight with Lila. That's why I agreed not to talk to her until this situation blows over~ He thought to himself. Hopefully once Lila's lies are brought to light everything will go back to how things were. Maybe he could even ask her out, he has started developing feelings for her.

But right now I have to keep Lila happy so she doesn't get akumatised.

                 -SCENE CHANGE -

                      Marinette POV

Woke up to find herself in her bed. How she got up there she does not know. She rose up and went down her ladder. She called out for Tikki who was on her desk. Reassured that her kwami was safe, she went to the Dollhouse she had begged her parents to buy. Inside it were the kwami sleeping peacefully, without a care in the world. She then noticed a plate of food on her desk along with an expensive looking tablet with a note on it next to Tikki's cookie jar. The note read "Consider this your first gift from the Family - Isaac & Mason"

Marinette was pretty sure her parents wouldn't even have given this to her so it was safe to say that someone snuck in.

She switched it on. The screen said 'Please enter your name.' "Uhh Marinette?" she said hesitantly. 'Access granted. Welcome Ms. Mei Hua Marinette Cheng-Lee'. Marinette gulped, so that was her full name. She scrolled through the contents of the tablet and saw a copy of her birth certificate, a picture of all of her family, and a picture of the Palace. Wait hold on! Palace!? She also saw some phone numbers with her family's name on it. Before she could even think about calling them, the Akuma app rang. Without another word she transformed into Ladybug and went to the action.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~..~.~.~.~

Character ages
Sabine : 37
Tom : 35
Ms Bustier : 26
Mr Damocles : 38
Damian Wayne : 16
Jonathan Kent : 15
Bruce Wayne : 42
Jason Todd Wayne : 25
Tim Drake Wayne : 19
Richard Grayson Wayne : 28
Selina Kyle : 39
The Akuma class: All of them 16
Gabriel Agreste : 42
Adrien Agreste : 16

Word count is  1305 words
Anyway this potato is out🥔.