Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

Monica's POV

Hopper finally came back with the eggs and saw that Eddie and I had made up. He pulled me aside and told me just to be careful and not to get stuck in a bad situation. I told him I won't, and then he said I can always come to him.

After breakfast we make our way down to the station. I can tell Eddie is nervous because his leg is bouncing up and down. I placed my hand on his thigh to try and help calm his nerves. The bouncing stops but only for about a minute before he starts back up again.

We finally make it to the station. Eddie gets out first and I follow. I grab his hand and pull him behind me as we follow Hopper inside and to his office. We sit down and Hopper immediately starts asking Eddie questions about what happened so we can file the report.

I find myself zoning out quickly. I'm second guessing myself. Should I have forgiven Eddie so easily? Should I have given it some time? What if he does it again? But what if he doesn't? All I can hope for is that he keeps his promise and that I never have to see that side of him again.

"Monica? Hello Monica? Are you there?" I hear Hopper asking snapping me back to reality.

"Yeah, sorry I was just thinking. What's up?" I answer.

I see Eddie give me a slightly concerned look, but then I turn my attention back to Hopper.

"I need you to tell me about your encounter with Steve and what he said to you about the incident."

I tell Hopper everything that happened, and he types everything out.

"Ok guys that's it for now. We must give it a little time because we have to wait for Steve and Billy to be brought in now. I'd prefer that you two stay her until we have them in custody."

"That could take all day though." Eddie argues.

"My guys are out patrolling right now, but if you are that insistent on leaving you two can take my truck and head back to my cabin and I'll call when it's time for you two to come back."

Eddie grabs the truck keys out of Hoppers hands with no hesitation. He grabs my hand and pulls me towards the exit. We get in the truck and head back to the cabin.

The ride is quiet. I just stare out the window. We make it to the cabin and all the way inside without saying a word to each other.

I make my way over to the couch and sit down. Eddie sits next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling me into him. Still no words being exchanged between the two of us. My eye lids start to become heavy. I try and fight it but before I know it I'm falling further into Eddie's lap while he's playing with my hair. My breathing starts to slow, and I feel myself start to drift off to sleep.

Eddie's POV

She hasn't said a word to me this whole car ride. I wish I could read her mind. I want to know what's going on there. I want to know what she thinks about me now and if she hates me or if she really wants to give me another chance.

We made our way into the cabin and still not a word has been said.

As soon as we get inside, she heads straight for the couch. She looks drained. She sits down so I sit next to her. I don't know if this is the right move or not, but I do it anyways. I sling my arm over her shoulder and pull her closer. She starts to nuzzle into me and slowly lay farther down. Before I know it, she falls asleep in my lap while I play with her hair. Now I'm just left to my thoughts and that's it. I don't know if this is the best thing for me right now, but the last thing I want to do is wake her up.