Chapter Nineteen

Monica's POV

"Can you...come over.... please?" I ask in between cries.

"I'll be there in ten minutes." He says.

In the ten minutes it takes him to get there I break down even more. I sit on the floor in what was once the living room reading the note repeatedly.

I keep hoping my parents are going to walk back through the door, but deep down I know that this is real and I'm probably never going to see them again.

I hear a knock on the door but I'm too much of a mess to get up, but then I see him walking towards me. As soon as I seem him, I run straight into his arms.

"Sweets what happened tell me what's wrong?" He demands grimacing in pain. I remember what he is recovering from and step back.

I start crying harder because I realize I probably hurt him.

"Eddie...I'm...sorry...I didn't mean to...hurt you." I cry

"Baby it's ok. Tell me what happened why are you so upset?"

I can't even talk I'm crying so hard at this point. I just hand him the letter my parents left me.

He reads the letter. He drops the paper to the ground and immediately pulls me into a hug.

"Monica baby, I'm so sorry. You deserve so much better than this." He says running one had through my hair and one hand pulling me as tight as his body will allow.

"I don't know where to go." I finally say pulling myself together a little bit.

"Stay with me." He says without any hesitation.

"Eddie I'd have to bring all of my stuff."

"I'd do anything for you baby. Please stay with me. Then I'll know you're safe and being treated right." He begs.

"Eddie I should be the one worrying about if you're safe or not. Look at you. How did you even get here? You should be in bed. I'm sorry. I should never have called you." I say shaking my head and walking towards the upstairs.

He grabs my wrist and turns me back around.

"Monica. Stop. Everything is ok. Yes, I'm a bit sore, but I look a lot worse than I feel."

"Are you sure?" I sniffle.

"Baby in these last couple weeks you have become the most important thing to me, so yes, I'm sure." He says.

I smile for the first time since coming home.

"Will you help me pack up my things?" I ask wiping my eyes.

"Of course. I just need some help up the stairs."

I put his arm around my shoulders so her has that extra support going up the stairs. We get to my room, and I walk him to the bed.

"Monica is this my hoodie?" He asks with a little grin on his face. I forgot I left it there when I was packing to stay with Steve.

"Yes." I say turning away from him to start emptying my closet. I feel his hands snake around my waist.

"That's adorable." He whispers into my ear. I can just tell he is smiling.

"You think so?"

"Of course."

I turn around to look at him. I finally take in how bruised up he looks. He had a black eye and a cut on his lip. I run my thumb over the cut on his lip.